"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, March 16, 2013

i chair-ish.....

Well hellloooo!!  Goodness it has been a while since I last posted.  I didn't have much card making time this past week as I was too busy doing a bit of temp work for a friend.   Now that I done with that I finally got some time to participate in a few of my favorite challenges.  This little card is for the current Less is More challenge "Frame It", as well as the current CAS(E) this Sketch challenge.   I was quite happy to see that I got an honorable mention shout out from the gals at CAS(E) this Sketch for my card for challenge #18!  Thanks!!!


Anywhoo... on to this week's card!!  As indicated the LIM challenge is to use a frame of some sort on your project and when I saw the LIM challenge I knew it would work perfectly with the CAS(E) this Sketch challenge... yay!!!  For my frame I did a little bit of embossing with a Spellbinders Scalloped Square die to create the frame and then die cut a piece of white cardstock using a plain square die that fit inside the frame.   The banner was die cut using a MFT Fishtail Flag Stax die.  In order to have the fishtail on each side of the banner I simply turned the banner around in the die so that the other end could be fishtailed.   I used my long neglect PTI On My Couch set (and matching die) for the little chair and sentiment. 

Thanks for stopping by....

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white; SU! Real Red; Stamps:  PTI; Ink:  SU! Real Red, Memento Tuxedo Black; Dies:  Spellbinders, My Favorite Things & PTI

18 comments:

Canonbury creations said...

Mmm that chair looks comfy Rosie in fact it looks just like mine! The sentiment made me laugh:) Love the embossed frame too.
Val x

Greta said...

Perfect challenges to combine & boy you nailed them, Rosemary! Love this creation!

Barb said...

Oh, my gosh - so cute, Rosie! Darling card! :)

Jen W. said...

Awesome! Love the way you debossed the scalloped frame and the funky pattern on the armchair rocks! Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

lostinpaper said...

Your armchair looks so inviting, love the punny sentiment!

Chrissie said...

Perfect as usual!
I love the look of this super card, the chair looks good enough to sit right down in!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Jenny said...

I think lots of crafts will put these two challenges together this week:0) great technique, love the patterned sofa too :0)
Jenny x

Suze Bain said...

That does look a very comfy chair and such a great sentiment too. A super card Rosemary. Xx

craftieodmae said...

you make the prettiest card.....I love the chair and sentiment!

Anonymous said...

The framing's fantastic, Rosemary, is that lovely comfy paper pieced chair up for rent?? Anita :)

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome card!!

Brenda said...

Love how you framed that chair Rosemary! Fantastic card!

Kristie Goulet said...

Love this Rosemary! The chair looks so comfy! :)

Barb King said...

Love the way the chair is framed, and what a cute sentiment!

Ardyth said...

Love this comfy looking card! Thanks so much for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

Jen Nelson said...

rosie this is fab... i love the sentiment and the embossed frame

Thanks for joining us this week
Jen
"Less Is More"

Viv said...

Great card and great sentiment too he he :) Viv xx

Michelle said...

really cute! I think they sell that chair at Raymore and Flannigan...love it!