"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

an ikat thank you....

Hello friends!!  A super windy day here in the PacNW... thought I was going to blow away when I picked up the little guy from school!!  Have a card I made using the new ColourQ combo (black, yellow, bright blue, light blue and white).  I'm not a super trendy person when it comes to clothes or stamping, but when I saw the Irresistibly Ikat set that was released by PTI last month I was intrigued by the designs and so I purchased it... so glad I did because sometimes you just have to step outside your little box and try a trend!!  

My sister needed a masculine "thank you" card, but after going through my huge assortment of cards I could not find a single "thank you" that would work for a guy.  So, I decided to whip out my Irresistibly Ikat set and make a thank you card with it using the ColourQ combo.  A pretty darn simple card, but so perfect for a guy.  It is a bit hard to tell, but I did use to different shades of blue (Memento Danube Blue and SU!'s Brocade Blue).  You can definitely see the difference IRL.  And since this uses a chevron-style image I'm going to pop it into the Moxie Fab World Chevron challenge.

Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white; Stamps:  PTI; Ink:  Memento Danube Blue, Tuxedo Black & Dandelion; SU! Brocade Blue

18 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Geeze Rosemary your ikat in this week's colours is fantastic. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at the colourQ!

Greta said...

You're making good use of that new stamp set, Rosemary! What a terrific card & perfect for both challenges--& the guy thank you your sis needs!

Kim S said...

I LOVE this. I stayed away from the ikat set because I just wasn't sure it would look CAS - but you have used it perfectly!

Linda Beeson said...

Loving that great design! How fun to get a little weather report from Tacoma too since I was born and raised there!

Suze Bain said...

A great card Rosemary, wish we could get PTI in the UK. Xx

Michelle said...

Oh... such a great card! Love the blues with the yellow, and appreciate the masculine edge (I definitely need more guy/neutral designs, waiting patiently for my PTI ikat!). Thanks for the inspiration!

Canonbury creations said...

Fab guy card Rosie, I'm in awe of anyone that can create perfect background patterns with stamps:) If you get the chance check out http://sporadicstamper.blogspot.co.uk/ blog, Kate is a master at patterns as are you!
Val x

Kristie Goulet said...

Perfect Masculine card! I guess I am going to have to add Ikat to my next order. :)

Viv said...

It's gorgeous as always Rosie :) Viv xx

Kara said...

So simple and beautiful!! Thanks so much for joining us at the ColourQ this week!!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Just perfect, love it.

Patrice said...

Cheerio!!!! I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/03/52-card-pickup-212.html

Sylvia said...

Fabulous card, Rosemary, love your Chevrons! Thanks for joining in the fun at the colourQ this week.

Anonymous said...

Love this look, Rosemary, super cool guy card ... and I see two blues! Anita :)

Arielle H Gordon said...

Awesome card, Rosemary! Love the C&S! Thank you so much for playing along with this week's colourQ!

Michelle said...

I NEED these fabulous stamps from PTI!!! Beautifully done, rosemary!

savvy teaching tips said...

I gotta get those stamps - I love ikat! Great card. Nice and CAS.
Thanks for joining us at the Colour Q this week.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Rosemary! Thanks for linking this up to the Chevron Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)