"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Monday, March 25, 2013

i often...

Hello friends!!  Today is March 25th and that means time for a new PTI blog hop.  I had set a goal for myself to participate in the PTI blog hops on a more frequent basis, but one thing or another came up and I just didn't have the time.  But this month I made sure that I knew in advance what the challenge would be and I got my card done... YAY!  


Over the last few months I have noticed more and more cards that used sequins on them instead of rhinestones and pearls.  I was intrigued and started to look around to see who might sell them.  The first place I checked was Ellen Hutson and much to my delight I saw that she carries them.  So far I have purchased four different colors and will probably added to my collection in the near future!  For my blog hop card I used the PTI set Half & Half and a layout from Deconstructed Sketches.  I went with a green, black and white color combo and after I was done making the card realized that maybe I should have used a different sentiment as this isn't a real sunshiny kind of card!  Anywhoo... it is what it is.   I didn't use a ton of sequin (although I did have an idea that would have used lots, lol!), but sometimes you don't need a lot of something to make an impact. 

Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI Rustic White, SU! Pear Pizzazz; PP:  PTI Bitty Dot Basics - True Black;  Stamps:  PTI Half & Half; Ink:  SU! Pear Pizzazz & Memento Tuxedo Black; Dies:  PTI Half & Half and Fillable Frames #10; Verve Pennant Border die; Sequins:  Ellen Hutson - Dill; Ribbon: PTI True Black

18 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Those sequins across your banner look fabulous. Very pretty card Rosie!

Anonymous said...

Lovely card! I like that pretty green sequins :)

Karen C. said...

Wonderful layout for using the sequins. The banners are a great look too!

Crafty Kate said...

Crazy cute! I'm loving this layout and the use of the sequins is perfect!

Carol said...

Pretty card. I'd never have thought to dress up the banners with the seqins...they are perfect!

Marybeth said...

Love the sequins on the banner! Such a sweet card and I like that you only used a bit of sequins… I will only use a few next time as well.

Leigh Penner said...

I'm glad it worked out for you to participate this month! Your card is pretty... I really like how you placed the sequins on the little banners!

Nancy Penir said...

Just the right subtle touch of sequins. And thanks for the heads up on where to find some!

@JoyceCasaldi said...

Very pretty!

Anonymous said...

This definitely makes an impact, Rosemary, love the sequin bedecked banners! Anita :)

Jacquie Southas said...

Love your take on the sketch and perfect placement of the sequins!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Great take on the sketch, love your sequins and colour you have used.

Martha said...

Hi, Rosemary! What a PRETTY card! Love the colors, how you've used the sketch & the sequins.

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous!!!

Greta said...

This is lovely, Rosemary. I really like the sentiment & your color scheme is so appealing. Great card & sequins are flat for mailing--yah! I've thought they just weren't as good as gems or pearls, but maybe I'll start using mine that have been sitting there unused for years now that they're a "trend"--LOL! They do look neat on the little flags & with your sentiment.

Jean said...

Love the sequins on the banners ~ just the right amount of embellishment!

Kristi said...

So very lovely! I'm slowly building my stash of PTI stamps and haven't had a chance to do any blog hops there yet,maybe soon!Good luck!

Michelle said...

great take on the challenge, Rosemary! love the tiny banners!