"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, March 10, 2013

hope... and washi tape

hello friends!  here with a card i made for one of the moxie fab world challenges... the one to use washi tape.   going to be honest and state that i'm pretty washi tape challenged.  i tear pieces off stick'em on my cardstock and then take'em off because i just don't like how it looks.  so it is kinda funny that i made something for this particular challenge... but on saturday morning as i was contemplating what to make for a completely different challenge and once, again, trying to use washi tape an idea popped into my head.   why not make a flower using the tapes... and so i did.


putting together the flower took some time and patience because creating this flower required me to tear off multiple strips of tape and then adhere them together, sticky side to sticky side.   for someone who likes things to be neatly put together adhering strips of washi tape together required me to let go of neat and embrace not so neat, lol!!  once i got all the strips adhered together i formed them into loops and then arranged them in to the flower shape.  since some of the ends were not neatly matched and sticky this was helpful in keeping the flower together while i carefully pierced a hole through the center and inserted a tiny brad.  after that was done i finished off the flower by adhering a red button to the center.  i then repeated the process and created three "leaves".  i stamped the sentiment from the craft's meow set hope blooms and then arranged the flower next to the sentiment.  

thanks for stopping by....

supplies:  cardstock:  pti rustic white; stamps:  the craft's meow; ink:  memento tuxedo black; washi tapes:  impress rubber stamps; button:  pti pure poppy

13 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Fabulous Rosie!

Barb said...

I do the exact same thing, Rosie - put the tape down on my card, then I hate the way it looks and I take it off! I'm so happy you thought of this idea - thanks for the awesome inspiration! Your flower is FABULOUS!!

Greta said...

Holey Cow! You just amaze me, Rosemary! One of the best uses of Washi I've seen--love it!

Suze Bain said...

What a fabulous washi flower. A lovely card Rosemary. Xx

Kristie Goulet said...

I LOVE your creative use of washi!

Christine said...

Beautiful done with that washi-tape!
Hug
Christine

craftieodmae said...

sorry I have been late commenting, having computer problems, hope to get the new one up and going today, your card is yummy!!!!

Brenda said...

That's unique, brilliant and stunning Rosemary!

Anonymous said...

Truly amazing, Rosemary, a stunning creation, fantastic use of washi tape! LOVE the sentiment! Anita :)

Jen W. said...

Genius! Your flower looks so cool!!

Michelle said...

Fabulous use of washi tape, Rosemary! I just purchased my first set of tape...can't wait to try this!

Marie said...

Delightful card. Great use of the washi tape, love the color combo you used.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Rosemary! Thanks for linking this up to the Washi Tape Challenge in the Moxie Fab World. I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)