"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, March 3, 2013

much happiness...

Hello there!!  Finally getting a chance to post my card for this week's Less is More challenge... a lovely color challenge this week.  But I must admit that this color challenge was really quite challenging for me.   For this challenge the colors are kinda open to interpretation and that is where my problem lay... trying to figure out what colors I could use.  Now it is obvious that one of the colors is pink, but beyond that I was really taking a stab in the dark.   I spent a great deal of time looking through the cards already posted, as well as Chrissie and Jen's card and finally settled on this:


Taking a cue from the super talented Vicky, I used some papers from the SU! Tea for Two designer papers, as well as Crumb Cake and white.  The stamp is from the Verve set Brighter Days and was stamped using Crumb Cake ink.   The layout for the card comes from the current Deconstructed Sketch... a great sketch to use for a clean and simple card.  The banners were die cut using my MFT Fishtail Flag Layers Stax.  Added a few pink gems to finish things off. 

Thanks for stopping by... and thank you to everyone who voted for me in the Practical Scrapper card contest.  Unfortunately I did not make it to the Top 5.  But I had a really fun time while it lasted!!

Supplies:  Card stock:  PTI white; SU! Crumb Cake; Stamps:  Verve; Ink:  SU! Crumb Cake; DP:  SU! Tea for Two; Rhinestones:  American Crafts; Dies:  MFT Fishtail Flag Layers Stax

17 comments:

Brenda said...

You're right Rosemary, the shades are quite tricky to decide what they actually are but I love your end result!

Gillian R said...

Beautiful card

Anonymous said...

You've nailed the colours here, Rosemary, they're so gorgeously gentle and soft ... and perfect with the sentiment! Anita :)

Lynne said...

I did exactly the same with the colours Rosemary. You have got it spot on with your fabulous card.
Lynne xxx

Kristie Goulet said...

Very pretty card!

Judy1223 said...

Such a sweet card! Sorry you didn't win, I was voting for you...but you did a great job!

Greta said...

Wonderful mix of images--you are so good at putting patterned papers together, Rosemary. Lovely card! I'm disappointed you didn't make the top 5--tough competition, but I thought your card was 1 or 2. Still a huge honor & well-deserved, my super talented friend!

craftieodmae said...

gorgeous, love the papers you used with this too!!!!

Michelle said...

great job on matching the colors, Rosemary! love the banners!

Sue said...

Lovely card, great how you've used the papers!

Canonbury creations said...

Wonderful mix of papers Rosie and I love that flag die! Definitely one for my wish list:) I was stumped with the colours too and then they kept changing while I was trying to get a decent photo!!
Val x

Lisa Lara said...

Hi Rosi. I just love that seniment and the ink you used.

Susan said...

rosemary, you've done it again! i tried so hard to find dp that would work for the challenge, but i didn't seem to have anything that would work. i love that you've used a sketch to make the card. i forget about sketches...making a note to self!

Jenny said...

Using patterned papers is such a great idea for this challenge... a really pretty card :0)
Jenny x

Darnell said...

Fantastic card, Rosemary! I love how you used the pattern paper as a way to showcase the colors at LIM. I'm still struggling and salute you for getting 'er done beautifully!!

Carole Campanile said...

Beautiful Rosemary. I can always spot your cards, even before I see the name. The sentiment is perfect for that layout.

TFS,
Carole

Viv said...

Just fabulous Rosie :) Viv xx