"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, February 28, 2013

daydream, wish... play

Hello!!   Have a card I made today for the new sketch from CAS(E) this Sketch.   I thought the sketch was pretty nifty and would work well with some little Studio Calico wooden words that I had purchased a few months ago, but not found the right project for.    I jazzed up the words a little bit by adding some paint using  Ranger paint daubers that I had in my stash (light pink, light blue and light green).    I partially embossed a piece of rustic white card stock using my SU! Honeycomb embossing folder and trimmed it down to fit the card front, the edges were roughed up a bit and attached to the card base.  I embossed another piece of rustic white with my SU! Woodgrain embossing folder and daubed on some of the paint.  Once it was dry I punched out a butterfly and added a tiny kraft colored button.    I arranged the words, added the butterfly and I was done. 

Thanks for stopping by....

Supplies:  Card stock:  PTI Rustic White & kraft; words:  Studio Calico; Paint Daubers:  Ranger; Butterfly Punch:  Martha Stewart; Button:  PTI; Embossing Folders:  Stampin Up!

18 comments:

Cindy C. said...

Cute! I really like the partially embossed bg!!

Greta said...

Just brilliant! I'm gonna have to practice the partial embossing like you did--fabulous look!

Lesley said...

Great idea to use the words!!! This is a great card idea, love it!

Chrissy Larson said...

I love the way you did the embossing and what a perfect way to use the sketch...wooden words. Very cute! Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

Ardyth said...

I love the dimension the wooden elements add to this - such pretty colours, too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

Viv said...

Fab card again Rosie, love it ! new bed arrived now & sleeping better thanks :) Viv xx

Brenda said...

Lovely interpretation of this sketch Rosemary, I have to admit that I would be lost!

Anonymous said...

Love your interpretation, Rosemary, the wooden words and partial embossing (very inspired) add such texture and the colours are so soft and gentle! Anita :)

Kristie Goulet said...

Great interpretation of the sketch. Love those fun words.

Gibmiss said...

Hi Rosie
Fabulous card.......
Hugs Sylvie xx

Canonbury creations said...

Nearly missed this fab card Rosie! Love the partial embossing and it's a great layout:)
Val x

Chris Dring said...

Wow Rosemary! Your card is awesome! Love that you used wood letters for the design!TFS!

G Peplow said...

Brilliant card Rosemary, love the soft colouring, Gay x

Robin K. said...

Loooove how you partially embossed the bg Rosemary! Great take on the sketch!

Michelle said...

fabulous, Rosemary!

Gayatri said...

What a fab idea using wood veneer words? Love the textur on the background. And the whitewash colour is awesome. So glad you played along with us @ CAS(E) this Sketch! Thank You!

Jen W. said...

This is such an awesome take on the sketch, Rosemary! Love how you dabbed the paint on the words and the partial embossing is so cool! Thanks for playing along at CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

Lisa Lara said...

Okay..................I gotta ask.....how did you only emboss part of the folder? Looooooooooooove it Rosi!