"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

CCC #32....

Hello friends!  Tuesday has rolled around, again, and that means time for a brand spankin' new CASology challenge and this week we have a real doosie for ya!!  The cue word this week is "flame" and all the deets concerning the challenge can be found here.   Our special guest designer this week is the very talented Bethany!!! 




Once, again, I struggled with this week's cue word.   Don't it make ya feel good to know that even design team members struggle with the cue word???  Anywhoo... when I first saw the cue word the only thing that came to my simple mind was a campfire.  Which would be fine except for one small thing... I have no campfire stamps.  I was about to jump on the Google train to do some research when inspiration finally struck.  I remembered that I had a Hero Arts set called "Birthday Candles"... perfect for the challenge!    However the candles are on the large side so I knew that in order to keep things CAS I would need to use only one candle.   I picked a candle and then stamped it in the center of my card base using yellow ink.  The candle was then stamped again on patterned paper, trimmed out and popped up on the card base.  I stamped the flame portion of the candle on white card stock and added two different colors of Stickles (Paprika and Buttercup), blending them together.  Once dry I trimmed it out and popped it up on the card base.  A banner was cut using a My Favorite Things Fishtail Flag Stax die, the sentiment stamped and then each end of the banner was scored and folded as you see and then attached.  

Thanks for stopping by.... make sure you check out the cards from the rest of the design team: Melissa, Tracey, Jen, Ardyth, Judy, Maureen, Meghan and this week's guest designer, Bethany. Can't wait to see what you come up with using this week's cue word!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white; PP:  PTI Bitty Dot Basics - yellow; Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black & Dandelion; Stickles; Die:  My Favorite Things

22 comments:

Melissa said...

This is so bright and cheerful, Rosemary! Love the sparkling flame and that popped up banner is great!! :)

Barb said...

Darling card, Rosie! I love your big candle - the sparkly flame looks awesome!

Ardyth said...

Love this - the perfect birthday card - just by changing colours you can make this work for absolutely anyone!

Kristie Goulet said...

Perfect birthday card! I love the sparkly flame and the popped up banner!

Darnell said...

Well done, Rosemary! You've got the candle covered with this brilliant design and execution!!

Suze Bain said...

Ooh, this is a tricky one but your sparkly flame is fab! Xx

Christine said...

The candle is great, a perfect CAS-card Rosy!
Hug
Christine

Anonymous said...

Fabulous sparkley flame, wonderful stickle blending and the popped up banner adds the perfect finishing touch! Anita :)

Meghan said...

A campfire was my first thought as well. I like your perfectly clean and simple take on this week's cue card!

Maureen Merritt said...

This is fabulous! I love your flame and the placement of your sentiment!

Wida said...

that flame is fabulous!!

Greta said...

Boy did the light go on--terrific card, Rosemary! That flame is incredible & love the way you attached the flag!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Wow! What wonderful sparkle you have on the flame. That inspired me to play along too! Great Job!

Jen W. said...

Rosemary, this rocks! The blended Stickles really make that flame look amazing and I love the popped up banner! :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Rosie your birthday card is fantastic, I just love your sparkly candle!

Michelle said...

You amaze me...I LOVE this card!!! Excellent job with the cue word, Rosemary!

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Beautiful design and fabulous image. Lovely card! Thanks for visiting and leaving the sweet luv.
Hugs
Berni
berni46blogspot.

Lisa Lara said...

The colors and sparkle on your flame are so awesome Rosi..just pops. Thank you for sharing in my stamp debut.

Judy1223 said...

Rosemary, I also thought campfire (but no such stamp in my stash)...then I thought candles, and this is the one I wish I had! I love this simple CAS birthday card...so many ways to make this for any recipient!

Robin K. said...

This was a tough cue! But as my dh reminded me they wouldn't be called challenges if they weren't challenging:). I love how you used just one of the candles - the glittery flame is fab! I also love how you gave the sentiment banner some dimension!

Jean said...

A fantastic birthday card love the banner and especially the stickled candle!

Jenni's Jems said...

Love this so CAs but really,really eyecatching x