"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, February 8, 2013

there is no one like you....

 Hello friends!!  As many of you probably know, PTI is celebrating it's 6th anniversary and there have been some fun contests going on.  I missed one of them and wanted to get a card made for today's contest which is to make a project using one of PTI's Year of Flowers sets.  I have six of them and for the very first time (yep... very first time... so sad!) I inked up the YOF Larkspurs set.  I used the color combo for this week's CAS Colours & Sketches Challenge.    I have to say that I'm super excited about today's PTI announcement.  PTI is now going to offer dies that match each of the YOF sets!!!  I'm planning on picking up the ones that corresponde to the sets I have.


Because I wanted to make sure I got the card done before 7:00 am est on Saturday I kept my card very simple.  I stamped the image on Vintage Cream cardstock using Memento Tuxedo black and then colored it with Copic markers.  Once I was done coloring the image I trimmed it to fit the card front as you see.  I then stamped the sentiment from the Larkspur set on Vintage Cream and die cut the fishtail banner using my MFT Fishtail Flag Stax dies.   The banner was trimmed down and the corners rounded.  I tied some kraft bakers twine through a Plum Pudding button and adhered it to the banner. 

Thanks for stopping by

16 comments:

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Rosie
You made me laugh, when I read "I kept it simple!'
Beautiful card, it has a soft quiet palette, which I really like.
Smiles:)
Sue

Michelle said...

A perfect card, Rosemary! Beautifully colored!

Kylie said...

Hi there, this card is stunning. I love the crispness of your image and the beautiful sentiment. Thanks so much for playing along at CAS - Colours and Sketches! xx

kingstonmama said...

Such a beautiful card, Rosemary! Your coloring is wonderful. Ann

sandie said...

Beautiful Rosemary! Your colouring is just perfect and the whole card so elegant. Great to see you joining us again at CAS-Colour and Sketches,

craftieodmae said...

beyond beautiful!

Nancy said...

Very pretty card, love the colors!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful ... simply stunning colouring! Anita :)

Kim S said...

GORGEOUS use of these flowers. I have that set also and it hasn't seen ink either!! I'm thinking I will be CASing you!

Kristie Goulet said...

Lovely card! Love the colors and your coloring is fantastic!

Greta said...

Beautiful coloring, Rosemary & the button with twine is perfect for this wonderful card! Can't believe you've never used your YOF stamps when you like to use flowers on your cards. I may have to get a few now that there are matching dies, which they don't have for the small version I have. Happy Saturday!

Brenda said...

Beautiful Rosemary! Yes, those dies are going to be a real win for sure!

Louise van Vuren said...

What a gorgeous image and so beautifully coloured. Thanks for sharing your card with us at CAS Colours and Sketches

Louise xx

Jacqueline said...

A stunning card and beautifully coloured - thanks for joining in this week at CAS - Colours and Sketches - Jacqueline xx

Karen (carefree creations) said...

Absolutely beautiful! Great CAS style, awesome work with the colors. Thanks for joining us at CAS Colours & Sketches!

Robin K. said...

The way you've colored the flowers is lovely Rosemary! Beautiful card!