"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, February 21, 2013

keep warm... stay cool....

Hello friends!  Wow... the week sure is speeding by... the weekend is almost here!   Haven't done a ton of crafting, but I did get a little card made for the current My Favorite Things Guest Designer contest (MFTGUESTDT0313).   And I managed to get it done a least a week and a half before the contest ends... YAY!!    For this card I got out a newer PI called Warm Wishes and did some coloring with my Copics.  Even though winter is almost over I really wanted to make something using this cute PI and the contest was the perfect venue!!  I'm really enjoying participating in the guest designer contest because it is giving me the opportunity to use my MFT products and it is pushing me to be a better paper crafter.


I had intended to do some paper piecing on her as well... but as I spent the time trying to get a close color match to the papers I had chosen to use (The Scrap Cake's Cozy Xmas) I decided that I was having too much fun coloring the image to do any paper piecing.   And can I just say that I am really, really happy with my coloring??  I think I'm finally getting the hang of coloring with my Copics, lol!!  I used the following Copics to color the image:  E11, E15, E21, E33, E50, E51, E53, R22, BG0000, BG11, & BG13.  After I finished coloring her I trimmed her out and added a bit of Ranger Old Paper Distress ink to the image.  The snowflake was die cut using a snowflake from the MFT set Let It Snowflake and the banner was cut using a Fishtail Flag Stax die.  The edges of all the cardstock and patterned paper were distressed to give the card a bit of a shabby look.  My picture doesn't really do her justice.  It is gloomy here in western Washington and I think it took me longer to get a decent picture of the card than it did for me to make it!!

Thanks for stopping by....

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI Rustic White & kraft; PP:  Scrap Cake Cozy Xmas; Stamps:  MFT PI Warm Wishes; Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black; Copic Markers; May Arts crochetted ribbon; Dies:  Spellbinders plain circles, MFT Let It Snowflake & Fishtail Flag Stax dies; PTI pure poppy button; twine

8 comments:

Canonbury creations said...

Such a cute image Rosie love the colouring on the fur trim, really effective:) great layout, love the distressed look.
Val x

Anonymous said...

What a sweet card, Rosemary ... not surprised you're really pleased with the colouring, it's fantastic ... you're nit 'getting' the hang of it, you've definitely already got! Anita :)

craftieodmae said...

anther fantastic card, love the image nad the way you have colored her.

Melody said...

Great take on the sketch and the little PI is so cute!

Robin K. said...

This is darling Rosemary! You should be very happy with your copic coloring- it's awesome!

Greta said...

Your card is just darling, Rosemary! I'm glad you colored instead of paper piecing--stands out with the pretty papers in the background.

Michelle said...

So darling, Roseamry! Love the pretty crochet trim!

scrappingnana said...

Adorable card. Love the colors and crochet trim. You did a great job coloring the image. TFS