"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, February 9, 2013

me & you....

Hello friends!!   Here with a card for the current Less is More challenge.   This week is the dreaded one layer challenge.   Thank goodness this time I double checked what the challenge was before starting my card.  Last month I made a card the one layer challenge then realized that my card wasn't one layer as required!!  As well as having the requirement that the card be one layer it needs to have a musical element on it.


I don't often use masking on my cards, not sure why... I just don't.   It is a rather simple technique that can result in some really stunning effects.  I decided to do some simple masking by cutting a piece of Eclipse tape to fit my card front and then die cutting a heart in the center.  Once I did that I placed the mask on the card front and stamped the front with the Hero Arts Musical Background cling stamp using grey ink.  After I removed the mask I stamped the "me & you" from the HA clear set "You & Me" using red and black inks.  Three little clear rhinestones finished things off.

Thanks for stopping by....  On the Less is More front we got some sad new... Mandi, who founded LIM with Chrissie, has had to stepped down from her LIM post.   Several months ago she purchased a wedding planning business and must devote all her time to growing that business.  She will be sorely missed by everyone!!   But there is some good news as the fabulously talented Jen will be continuing on as a designer for LIM!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI Rustic White; Stamps:  Hero Arts; Inks:  Memento Tuxedo Black, London Fog & Ladybug; Rhinestones:  Stampin Up!

23 comments:

Loli said...

Hola Rosemary, i´m glad to see you last week.
What beautiful card, great technique and gorgeous work, as always.
A warm hug from cold Palma

Lisa Lara said...

Cool Rosi!

Barb said...

I love this card, Rosie! Your masked heart with the music is so pretty!

Chrissie said...

Gorgeous as ever Rosemary!
I love the subtle manuscript in the heart!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

craftieodmae said...

oh so elegant, gorgeous!!!

Linby said...

Great use of masking- fab card.
Linbyx

Anonymous said...

Simple and elegant, Rosemary ... love the pop of red and the perfectly placed bling! Anita :)

Christine said...

Gorgeous card Rosy and I also use that technique sometimes!
Hug
Christine

Brenda said...

Love the masking here Rosemary!

Jen Nelson said...

thanks rosemary!! this is a fabulous card!! love the masked heart

Thanks for joining us this week
Jen xx
"Less Is More"

Anna said...

very prety

Jenni's Jems said...

This is so lovely!love how the colours of the sentiment pops out from the masked musicx

Gibmiss said...

Hi rosie
Gorgeous card .... Love it .... Stunning as always ....
Hugs Sylvie xxx

Darnell said...

Well, check it out. I have one word for this, Rosemary: winner. I love everything about it!

Lynne said...

This is stunning Rosemary. I had two attempts at masking and stamping and it should have turned out just like yours but I failed miserably.
Lynne xxx

Caggy said...

Gorgeous card, so contemporary. Caggy x

Ardyth said...

Gorgeous - perfectly balanced and I love the pops of silver!

Greta said...

Absolute genius! You never disappoint, Rosemary--so talented!

Fiona said...

Beautiful work as usual Rosemary.

bastelengel said...

Love the masking on your card on the music card. Great layout.
Eva

Unknown said...

Wow! This is a gorgeous one layer card!

Michelle said...

stunning! Your masked heart is perfect, Roseamry!

Susan said...

Rosemary, I absolutely ADORE this card! The stamped music is so subtle...perfection!