"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

CCC #31... tulips in red

Hello friends!!  It is Tuesday and that means time for a brand spankin' new cue word!!  And in honor of Valetine's day (which is two days from now!!) the cue word is "red".   All the details can be found here.   Our talented guest designer this week is Lucy.  Make sure you stop by and leave her some love!  We are also sponsored this week by 2CuteInk a super fun digi shop!

 

With red being the cue word there were just so many ways I could take my card, but one thing I decided right away was that I was not going to use the same color red that I used last week!!  This week I decided to use SU!'s Riding Hood Red and have it take a larger role by using it for my card base.  I also decided to do a little bit of coloring with my Copics.  I pulled out a Taylored Expressions petite stamp set called Spring Tulips and colored them with the following Copics:  R20, R24, R27, R29, YG00, YG03. B0000 and B000.  Once I was finished coloring the image I die cut it using a Spellbinders plain rectangle die.  I wanted to have the image framed, but I didn't want to add any addition layers to my card so I embossed the next larger die onto my cardstock base and adhered the image using foam dimensionals.  The embossed frame provides a nice, subtle detail to an otherwise somewhat plain card.   Finished things off by stamping the sentiment (also from Spring Tulips) directly on the card base with black ink.

Thanks for stopping by.... make sure you check out the cards from the rest of the design team: Melissa, Tracey, Jen, Ardyth, Judy, Maureen, Meghan and this week's guest designer, Lucy. Can't wait to see what you come up with using this week's cue word!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  SU! Riding Hood Red; PTI Rustic White; Stamps:  Taylored Expressions; Dies:  Spellbinders Plain Rectangles; Copic Markers

25 comments:

Karen M said...

Hi Rosemary, this is a very sweet and fresh card. Love the sentiment Kx

Ardyth said...

Gorgeous shading and image! Love the richness of the red!

Tracey McNeely said...

Rosie those tulips are stunning and what a great sentiment!

Barb said...

Beautiful coloring on the tulips, Rosie and I love the way you embossed around the image! :)

Unknown said...

Simply beautiful.

Debbie said...

Absolutely beautiful CAS card. I love it!

Kristie Goulet said...

Beautiful coloring! Love it!

Cheryl said...

Beautiful Copic work, and such a darling image too.

Maureen Merritt said...

Beautiful! I love how you didn't add layers but embossed the frame instead!

Christine said...

A nice springcard Rosy! The tulips are great in that colour!
Hug
Christine

Meghan said...

Perfect Copic colouring! I LOVE tulips....they are the harbingers of Spring for me!

Darnell said...

Wow, Rosemary, this is the kind of red I want to lick off the monitor! Lushilicious coloring! And the trick with the embossing folder frame? THANK you!!

Carole said...

beautiful brilliant and totally RED

Judy1223 said...

Oooh, Rosemary, these red roses are gorgeous! Classic red card...LOVE this!

craftieodmae said...

beautiful, love the red!

Michelle said...

beautiful bouquet of tulips,Rosemary! Love the red bg!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful colouring, brilliant vibrant red and such a lovely sentiment! Anita :)

Bonnie said...

The embossed frame is so perfect for these lovely tulips! Very nice!

Greta said...

Love the red card base & your beautifully colored tulips! Gotta figure out how to do the embossing with a die--keep saying that, so better just go try it!

Jen W. said...

This is gorgeous Rosemary! I love the bold red card base and the gorgeous colouring and the embossed frame is perfect!

kingstonmama said...

Gorgeous tulips, Rosemary. Your coloring is beautiful and the red card base is stunning! ann

Jenni's Jems said...

Wow I LOVE this it just pops out at you! & I am so envious of ur embossed frame mine is never straight like yours - even if I hold it down with stickies !! x

Carol L said...

What a perfect bouquet of flowers for a friend! I love all that gorgeous red color!

Anonymous said...

this is so vibrant - beautiful colouring! Thanks for the nice mention. Lucy

Jean said...

Absolutely beautiful - just love the red tulips.