"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, February 2, 2013

you're a doll...

Hello friends!!  Have a little card I made for the current MFT guest designer contest in keeping with my goal to participate in all the guest designer contests this year.  I love MFT products and participating in the challenges also gives me a good reason to use my MFT products!!  The challenge this month (as in past months) is to create a project using a fun sketch.   For my card I decided to use the super cute (well... all the PIs are super cute!) set Paper Dolls and the coordinating Paper Dolls border die.


Part of the reason I'm participating in the contests is to improve certain skills... like my coloring skills.  Usually when I work with a PI image I like to paper piece her clothes and then color her skin and hair with Copics, but this time I colored the entire image using Copics (RV32, RV34, G20, G21, E11, E15, E49 & E50).   It took me several tries to find a fairly good color match to the polka dot paper behind the image.  I also tried to find a good color match for the little paper dolls.  Times like these makes me wish I had just a few more Copics... ha!   Anyway after I got her colored I cut her out using a Spellbinders small plain circle die and then matted that with a circle cut from kraft cardstock using a Spellbinders large plain circle die.  The papers are from the My Mind's Eye Sweetest Thing Lavendar collection.   I made the rose using the recently released MFT Mini Hybrid Heirloom Rose die set.   The inside of the card was finished off with some additional paper, another paper dolls border and a sentiment.   Make sure you stop by the MFT blog because the current release is in full swing and there are tons of super cute new stamps and dies being offered this month!

Thanks for stopping by....

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI Rustic White; SU! Crumb Cake; Papers:  My Mind's Eye; Stamps: MFT PI Paper Dolls; Dies:  MFT Mini Hybrid Heirloom Rose dies, Paper Dolls border dies; Spellbinders dies; Diamond Stickles; Copic Markers

9 comments:

Martha said...

Hi, Rosemary!
She's a "sweet" doll!
Love your DARLING card!

craftieodmae said...

adorable, I love the doll border!!

Barb said...

Rosie, I love all the dies your used! The paper dolls are so adorable and your coloring looks beautiful! Love this sweet card!

Christine said...

So lovely with the dolls! A sweet card Rosy!
Hug
Christine

Heather Rogers said...

She is darling! Love the paper choices and sweet little rolled rose. :)

Linby said...

How cute is this - I love the border die. I think I want it now!
Linbyx

Greta said...

You are so talented, my friend! This card is adorable & perfectly colored & put together!

Sandy said...

Big smile on my face - this is so cute - I have become a follower and now subscribe to your blog!
Sandy

Michelle said...

Isn't she adorable! Pretty papers and flower!