"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, February 14, 2013

the purpose of life...

Hello friends... here with a card for the current ColourQ challenge.  Normally I like to combine a couple of challenges when I make a card, but I really wanted to make a card using my new PTI set Fancy Folk Art.   So, last night I finally got the chance and the mojo to make something.   It is a very simple card since right now I'm definitely in the mood to make CAS style cards... my sweet bloggy friend, Sue, will probably laugh at what I just wrote if she reads this post because she knows I'm always in the mood to make CAS style cards!


Anywhooo... it did take me a while to get the card completed because I took the time to make sure I had the right color combo on the floral image.  Initally I tried to work all the colors into the image, but the Raspberry Ripple (I used Rich Razzleberry instead) color just looked completely out of place when I included it... so it ended up being used for the sentiment.  The large floral image was die cut and then the stamped first with the outline leaf image in full strength Kiwi Kiss (no Lucky Limeade) and then the solild leaf image was added using the second generation method to make the outlike stand out more.  The same thing was done to all the floral images, as well, and then all the flowers were adhered using foam dimensionals.  The finished piece was then adhered using additional foam dimensionals and the sentiment added. 

Thanks for stopping by....

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white; Stamps:  PTI Fancy Folk Art; Dies:  PTI Fancy Folk Art; Inks:  Stampin Up! Kiwi Kiss, Rich Razzleberry, Calypso Coral & Primrose Petals

13 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card Rosie, and you selected your colours perfectly. Thank you so much for sharing this week at the colourQ!

Lynne said...

Fabulous card Rosie, love that stamp.
Lynne xxx

kingstonmama said...

So pretty! What beautiful images and I love how you've arranged the flowers. They look beautiful in these colors. ann

Unknown said...

Wow..simply beautiful. I've been thinking about getting this set and you just pushed me over the edge! So glad you joined us this week at the ColourQ.

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Rosie,
Well you did make me laugh, I must be doing something right in this virtual forum for you to think I am sweet Rosie, many would not use this term to describe me, I am too straight up and practical, I am not one to candy-coat things. But it was a beautiful thought on your part and I accept the compliment willingly... thank you. But this comment is not about me, it is all about your gorgeous Clean and Stunning design that you have created, it is just a real picture, and I love the inspirational sentiment, I think it was Emmerson who wrote something similar in one of his writings.
Have a great weekend.
Smiles:)
Sue

Greta said...

Great way to use that floral stamp, Rosemary! I like saving the one color for the sentiment instead of in the flowers.

Sylvia said...

Another beautiful card, Rosemary, love the flowers! thanks for haring your talent with us at the colourQ this week.

Christine said...

Beautiful flowers and a lovely sentiment Rosy!
Hug
Christine

Canonbury creations said...

Love that stamp and the dimension you created with it Rosie, great sentiment too!
Val x

Brenda said...

I love how you used that stamp set and popped up the flowers Rosemary!

Jen W. said...

Love that you managed to use such a busy image but still keep the design CAS. Gorgeous!

Michelle said...

Love how you made this dimensional! Beautiful job, Rosemary!

N@ Ali said...

oh beautiful! thank you for joining us at the colourQ ; )