"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, February 10, 2013

let your dreams....

Hello friends!  I have a little card to share.  I actually made this several days ago, but haven't been able to post it until now.  I used the current ColourQ colors, as well as the current sketch from CAS(e) This Sketch.   This is my second attempt with the ColourQ combo.  The first attempt didn't end as a complete disaster, but I wasn't at all happy with it and so decided to not bother posting it.  The same cannot be said for this card because I absolutely love how it turned out!!


 
The first card I made was sort of a more is more type of card and that was the problem.  There was just way too much of certain colors from the combo.  This is defintely a less is more card and as such makes me very happy!   As I contemplated the CTS sketch I remembered that I had purchased some Washi Tape when I made my recent trip to Impress Rubber stamps and I thought some of that tape just might work for the color combo and Yay... it did!!!  So I adhered a strip of the Washi tape to my panel.  I then die cut the bird from the orange polka dot patterned paper and the leaf from pink pirouette.  After arranging them I realized that something was missing so I ran the leaf through my woodgrain embossing folder to add some texture.  But something was still missing... so I grabbed a dark red button and some dark pink bakers twine and created the little perch for my bird and it all fell into place.  Once everything was adhered in place I stamped the sentiment from the Taylored Expressions set Make it Amazing.

Thanks for stopping by....

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white; SU! Pink Pirouette; PP:  SU! Polka Dot Parade; Stamps:  Taylored Expressions; Dies:  SU!/Sizzix Autumn Accents & Memory Box Perched Reed Bird; Button:  PTI; Washi Tape:  Impress Rubber Stamps; Bakers Twine:  The Twinery

23 comments:

Linda Beeson said...

What a sweet little combination!

Darnell said...

What a great title for the set you used because that's what you did with this card, Rosemary, you made it amazing!! It's a sensational card and perfect for the challenges. I'm glad your Moe Joe was in full force to make it mwah!!

Sandy said...

Such a beautiful yet simple card. Well done Rosemary!
Sandy

Kristie Goulet said...

LOVE your card! That bird is my favorite and looks great in orange polka dots. :)

Karen M said...

Hi Rosemary
It's no wonder you love how this turned out, it's absolutely perfect! Isn't it wonderful how your washi tape was the perfect match and how adorable is that sweet polka bird. This is just brilliant! Kx

Anonymous said...

Isn't it brilliant when it all comes together and a card just evolves as you make it? This is wonderful ... perfect everything really! Anita :)

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Rosie,
Can't imagine you making disasters!
I would never think to partner polka dot Orange with Pink and Red, even writing it sounds garnish, but your little bird steals the show here. Simplifying your design has created a stunning effect.
Smiles :-)
Sue

Greta said...

Love how you used the sketch & the colors & that bird is just wonderful! Another winner, Rosemary!

Lyndal said...

Gorgeous card Rosemary - fab colour & design combination :)

Sylvia said...

Gorgeous card, Rosemary, love how you combined the bird with the leaf and I love the border of stripes! Thanks for sharing your card with us this week at the colourQ.

Kim S said...

I love what you have done with the colors AND the sketch. It is so sweet, yet also fun and cheerful! Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

Anita Scroggins said...

That little bird is just darlin'! Thanks so much for playing along with us at ColourQ this week!

Ardyth said...

Great use of those pops of colour love that washi! Thanks so much for playing along with this week's CAS(E) This Sketch!

Tracey McNeely said...

Rosemary I can't believe I missed this beautiful card. Love the birds. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at the colourQ!

Cards By Jan said...

This is vewry pretty Rosemary!! I love the lil polka dot bird...so cute!!
Hugs

Lisa Lara said...

This is so cute, trendy and classy Rosi.

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a sweet card. Love the darling bird and pretty colors.

Jen W. said...

Awesome take on both challenges - I could not wrap my head around those ColourQ colours! Love the dots and stripes together! Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

Michelle said...

Rosemary,great job combining the colors and sketch! Cute polka dot bird!

Bonnie said...

I love how you've used these colors and kept the main color white! It makes the other colors perfect!

Darnell said...

I'm happy to be popping back here to congratulate you, Rosemary, on the well-deserved HM from CTS for your wonderful card!!

Gibmiss said...

Hi Rosie
Wow i love this .... Gorgeous colours....
Hugs Sylvie xxx

Deepti said...

Oh my God this is such a clean yet stunning card :) love it
n congratulations for Color Q :)