"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, February 2, 2013

the tiniest thing...

Hello friends... have another card to share.  This one is for the new LIM challenge and for the current CAS(e) this Sketch challenge.   Must pause for a moment and wish Chrissie, Mandi and Less is More a great big Happy Birthday!! LIM just turned two.. can't believe that Chrissie and Mandi have been putting forth a new challenge each week two years!!  And in that time I have only missed I think two challenges.  I missed the very first one because by the time I discovered LIM the challenge was closed and then I missed another for some reason that I don't remember.   Anywhoo... here is to many more years of fun challenges with Less is More!


The LIM challenge this week is to use kraft and cream (or kreme).  Didn't have to ask me twice to make a card for that challenge as I love to combine kraft with just about any color.  But there is something so very classic and elegant about kraft and cream.   For my card I used a newly acquire Penny Black stamp called "dreamy", as well as a Penny Black sentiment "tiniest".   I stamped the image using SU!'s Crumb Cake ink and then brushed on some Diamond Stickles. Unfortunately, you cannot see the Stickles in the photo.  I rounded one corner of the piece and then rounded the corresponding corner on the card base.   The sentiment was stamped using Memento Rich Cocoa ink to keep things monochromatic.  I created the little butterfly embellishments by threading some twine through the buttons and trimming the ends as you see.  The each button was adhered to a Studio Calico veneer butterfly and then adhered to the card.  I wasn't going to add the third butterfly embellishment, but I decided to go with the "rule of 3" and add the third one.  

Thanks for stopping by....

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI kraft and cream; Stamps:  Penny Black; Ink: SU! Crumb Cake & Mement Rich Cocoa; Diamond Stickles; DeNami Design buttons; Studio Calico veneer butterflies; cream twine; corner rounder punch 

37 comments:

Chrissie said...

This is gorgeous Rosemary, those little butterflies look terrific combined with the little buttons.
We really appreciate your commitment to LIM your cards inspire so many.
Thanks a ton!
Chrissie
Less is More

wienerhoneymooners said...

OMG..as in oh my gosh, I love, love, love this!

Neets B said...

One word....beautiful. This is the second time I've seen this stamp in the last few days, may have to add it to my very long wish list :)

Suze Bain said...

A gorgeous card Rosemary. I love the buttons on the butterflies and I NEED that stamp!! Xx

Linby said...

Fab work, love the buttons on the butterflies.
Linbyx

Fiona said...

Lovely card Rosemary and great new stamp. Love the way you incorporated the butterflies into the design.

Andrea said...

What a pretty one!
love the little buttons an the butterflies, so cute

wienerhoneymooners said...

Thia is AMAZING. !! LOVE the placement of everything!

Kristie Goulet said...

Beautiful card! I love kraft and cream together!

Nancy said...

Rosemary, your card is just stunning! I love everything about it, all the way down to the gorgeous hand made embellishments!

Viv said...

Adore this Rosemary - simply beautiful

Canonbury creations said...

Absolutely beautiful Rosie! I'm always in awe of the perfect placement of your embellies and the butterflies are stunning:)
Val x

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Rosie
There would not be too many card-makers around that would be so committed to one Challenge blog, I am pleased they acknowledged this, as you have given them amazing creations over the two year period, not the least the inspiration to many followers, so kudos to you my friend.
I was never a fan of Kraft, but you have opened my eyes to this unassuming card stock, providing an insight on how it can look surprisingly attractive; by using just the one contrast colour, and of course this is a classic Rosie creation; Clean and Stunning! You have the ability to strip down a design to the bare essentials and provide the onlooker with a feast for the eyes.
The muted palette in earth tones has a wonderful warmth, the stamp and butterflies create movement and I am pleased you followed the " rule of three" because now it has balance.
A gorgeous card.
Smiles;)
Sue.

Anonymous said...

Stunning card Rosemary!
xx

Aileen said...

So stylish and pretty. x

Gibmiss said...

Hi Rosie
Fabulous card.... Love that stamp ... Must look for mine....
Hugs Sylvie xxxx

Susan said...

your card is fabulous! i like the sentiment...and that big stamped image is super. the butterflies with the buttons are super cute...especially like how you used the twine you stitched them with to be the antennae. cute, cute, cute!

Ardyth said...

Gorgeous card, Rosemary - beautifully serene. I love that feathery flower. Thanks for playing along with this week's CAS(E) This Sketch!

Lisa Arana said...

stunning. the wood butterflies are the perfect addition to the lovely stamp. thanks so much for joining us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

Carol L said...

Simply stunning! I love that graceful & delicate image, the butterflies, and the soft, subtle colors!

Greta said...

I want these stamps--no, I want this card--LOL! Oh you've done it again, Rosemary--now I have a new favorite!

Gillian R said...

this is so gorgeous!

Lynne said...

Beautiful as always Rosemary. Love that stamp and the addition of the butterflies is fabulous.
Lynne xxx

Sandy said...

So very pretty - very elegant!!
Sandy

Lisa Lara said...

This card takes my breath away Rosi.

Mona Pendleton said...

so pretty! lovin' all the butterflies!

Jen Nelson said...

rosi i love this .. that stamp is gorgeous and fits perfectly with the challenge colours!!

Sorry for the late visit this week... Thanks for joining us for the 2nd birthday celebrations!
Jen xx
"Less Is More"

Jen W. said...

Gorgeous monochromatic card and I love the button butterflies! Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

Anonymous said...

Winner IMHO! Just stunning ... beautiful stamp (now on wishlist!), Lovely sentiment and the butterflies with their cotton antenna are sooo clever! Anita :)

Brenda said...

Ooh this is such a nice sketch and I love how you used that PB stamp and all the kraft colour going on in your card! Beautiful work!

Kim S said...

I love everything about this!! Such a lovely stamp and with its light and airy look - I love that it fills the white panel - and the wood butterflies are a perfect accent!! Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

Karen M said...

Hi Rosemary, I adore this sweet, clean and pretty card! It is perfect in every way! Kx

Unknown said...

The flower stamp is gorgeous. It's perfect with the gentle colours!

Michelle said...

Love the buttons on the butterflies!

Sylvia said...

Love the stamp and those button butterflies.

Sylv x

Viv said...

Wow I love this Rosie, must get that stamp, been on my want list for ages now :) Viv xx

kingstonmama said...

Oh, so pretty, Rosemary! Love the butterflies and buttons. ann