"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, February 15, 2013

i like you.... (and a request)

Hello friends... here with another little card I made.  This time for the current CAS(e) this Sketch challenge.  I kinda went a little funky with this one.  It isn't exactly CAS and it isn't exactly shabby chic... but a little bit of both!!  


The little flourish is from the My Favorite Things Own Your Story set and the sentiment is from My Favorite Things January Triple Scoop set.   I stamped the flourish using Close to My Heart's Barn Red and the sentiment in Memento Tuxedo Black.  I wasn't going to use a banner on my card, but I just had to use the banner in my new Stampin Up!/Sizzix Framelits Hearts A Flutter dies.  I cut the banner from corrigated paper and then swiped on some white ink.  A strip of natural muslin was pleated and then adhered to the banner.  A button/twine embellishment was then added and the banner adhered.  I distressed the edges of the cardstock piece and curled two corners before adhering the piece to the card base.  Like I said... it is kinda funky... but I like it!

Thanks for stopping by and if you made it to the bottom of my post I have a little request to make of you.  I have been competing in a card contest taking place at the Practical Scappers blog.  This is the first time I have entered a contest like this and the first time I have made it as far as I have.  I would love to make it to the top 10... oh heck who am I kidding???  I would love to win!  But in order to make it to the top 10 I need your vote.  So.. if you are interested in voting, please go here.  Thanks!!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI kraft; Stamps:  My Favorite Things; Inks:  Close to My Heart & Memento; Dies:  Stampin Up!; corrigated paper:  The Funkie Junkie; Muslin:  Montana Misfits; Button:  PTI; Twine:  Montana Misfits

24 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

I love your CAS shabby chic card. :) I also went over and voted for you! Good luck!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Rosie.
First I must congratulate you on reaching the last 16 at Practical Scrappers, the Challenge/Contest is a difficult one... Masculine card; how boorish.
I hopped across, and my goodness you have some competition my girl, I didn't realise Man cards could look so amazing. I loved yours, so of course I voted for you, good luck.
Love this one on your beloved Kraft too.
Smiles:)
Sue

Deepti said...

Rosemary this is such an adorable card :) soooooo pretty

Neets B said...

This is lovely, love the shabby chic feel.....and voting done. Good luck! :)

Karen M said...

Hi Rosemary, this card is amazing! I love, love, love it!I love anything Kraft and this is so sweet. Your detail is CAS perfection. Kx

Anonymous said...

Wow, Rosemary, what a splendid combination of shabby chic and CAS ... love the pleated muslin! Anita :)

PS Voted for you ... good luck!

Beanie said...

This card is great... I've never managed to get the shabby chic look but you've inspired me to have another go!

Greta said...

I think this fits both categories perfectly, but I'm no expert in either--LOL! Anyway--I adore this card, Rosemary! Every detail is perfect & the overall effect is wonderful! Off to find the place to vote, my friend.

Brenda said...

I love your beautiful shaggy card with the gorgeous textures! (I've voted for your Rosemary - wishing you all the luck!)

Kath said...

A great card - I can never manage shabby chic, it always looks shabby but no chic!

I've placed my vote for you.
Kath x

Ardyth said...

Beautiful texture and lots of detail, but keeping it small, keeps it CAS. And I voted for you! Best of luck! Thanks so much for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

Linby said...

Love the simplicity of this and yet so many little details.
I voted for you - good luck.
Linbyx

Audrey Hiltke said...

Love this one too - you cased the sketch perfectly Rosie. Love your style!
Hugs,
Audrey

Chris Dring said...

I love your card! Love it I tell ya! A great marriage of CAS and shabby chic! BTW, I voted for you! Best of luck to you!

Jackie Scott said...

Love your card, the Kraft color, and all the different textures in your embellishments. Good luck!

Gayatri said...

What awesome texture on your card? Love the folded edge and corrigated banner. Great take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along with us @ CAS(E) this Sketch.

Cindy Holshouser said...

Just cast my vote Rosemary. Good luck. Love the card and especially the colors you used.

Kim S said...

I can't say that I have seen shabby chic and CAS together but it is gorgeous!! (I also popped over to Practical Scrappers!!!)

Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

Chrissy Larson said...

This is totally gorgeous! I love how it's CAS but still has the vintage feel. So glad you joined us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

Nat said...

beautiful card, love this!! :)

Darnell said...

First, congratulations on making it to the Top 16! I have voted for you in the next round, and not just cause you asked. It is a fantastic card!

And so is this wonderful take on the sketch, Rosemary! I love the shabby chic very much!!

Unknown said...

Lovely card! Super how you combined Shabby Chic and CAS! Absolutely perfect!

Jen W. said...

I love the shabby CASness you have going on here! The corrugated banner and pleated burlap are awesome! Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

Michelle said...

Well, you got my vote, Baby! Love this card!