"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, February 16, 2013

i appreciate you...

Hello friends!  A quick post with my card for this week's Less is More challenge.   The challenge this week is to make a card that has something that you find up in the air.  I immediately thought of my new Hero Arts/Operation Write Home set:  Happy Birthday.  This set has a fun hot air balloon, a cloud as well as a balloon bouquet.  I used the balloon bouquet and the cloud for my card.

 
I stamped three clouds using pale blue ink and then the balloon bouquet using black ink.  I then stamped the balloon bouquet on three diffrent papers from the BasicGrey Fiction 6x6 pad, trimmed them out and then paper pieced them.  A banner was cut using a My Favorite Things Fishtail Flag Layers Stax die and the sentiment stamped on it.  I trimmed the banner, adhered it to the card and then added a little button/twine embellishment.  I seem to be stuck on making those little embellies right now! 

Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white; Stamps:  Hero Arts:  Ink: Stampin Up! and Memento; Dies:  My Favorite Things; Button:  PTI; Twine:  The Twinery

26 comments:

Monica said...

This is so soft and gentle!

Barb said...

I love the subtle clouds in the background, Rosie, and your balloons look fabulous! Beautiful CAS card!

Nat said...

beautiful, love this soft and delicate design!! :)

Suzilou said...

Great set of stamps and sentiment, really lovely card :)

Glittertastic said...

Gorgeous card - I love that star shaped balloon!

Sharon
x

Karen M said...

Oh my word, Rosemary, this is the best! So sweet and perfect! Kx

Nancy said...

Oh this is so soft and elegant, Rosie! Your CAS style is always perfect!

Audrey Hiltke said...

Rosie - your card is CAS perfection! So soft and simple yet with wonderful WOW factor. Just stunning!!
Hugs,
Audrey

Marlou McAlees said...

totally adorable card :) x

Brenda said...

Just gorgeous Rosemary! I love the little bouquet you put together. Love the soft look of the clouds in the background!

Christine said...

So sweet!! I like the soft colours!
Hug
Christine

Sandy said...

Very pretty and sweet - a nice card to send to somebody that's for sure.
Sandy

Kristie Goulet said...

Love the soft colors Rosemary!

Anonymous said...

Just lovely, Rosemary, you've really captured that gently floating feeling with those fluffy clouds and soft colours! Anita :)

Linda said...

Very cute card. So sweet.

Deepti said...

sooooooo very cute :) I love it

Lynne said...

Super duper card Rosemary.
Lynne xxx

Fiona said...

So pretty and beautifully CAS

Darnell said...

This is so sweet, Rosemary! I love the paper pieced floaties!!

Chrissie said...

Rosemary, this is gorgeous!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Linby said...

It's so lovely and delicate.
Linbyx

Greta said...

Saw this on Flickr & loved it--superb creation!

Stempelomi said...

stunning!
Hugs,Beate

Jen Nelson said...

just gorgeous rosie

Thanks for joining us this week
Jen xx
"Less Is More"

Michelle said...

Pretty balloons, Rosemary! Love the subtle clouds too!

sheila 77 said...

Simplicity of design is hard to achieve while still making the card interesting. This is just lovely and what a nice card to receive. Thanks for the description of your process, it so enhances the final artwork.