"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, January 31, 2013

love grows here...

Hello friends!!  I made a card today... woo hoo!!  This is for the current ColourQ challenge.  When I saw the colors I knew I wanted to make my card using the new MFT/Lisa Johnson Designs Homespun Hearts stamp & die set.  


I had actually made a card yesterday using the Homespun Hearts set and the ColourQ colors, but when I got to the point where I was finishing up the card I noticed that at some point water had gotten on the card and created a big blog of color!  It isn't surprising to me that water got on the card as I do all my papercrafting at my kitchen counter and while I was making the card I was also working on getting dinner ready... an accident ready to happen, ya know?   After that I was feeling pretty defeated so I gave up and decided to try, again, later.    Today things went much, much better.  Probably because I waited to make the card until after dinner was over!   Card is pretty self explanatory.  I was going to die cut a the heart from cardstock and then stamp it with the corresponding heart image and then I remembered that I had die cut some felt hearts the day before and since the felt is a close match to the Primrose Petals color I decided to use the felt heart and then added a little button.  Despite being a bit plain I quite like how it turned out.

Thanks for stopping by.....

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI Vintage Cream; Stamps:  MFT/LJD Homespun Hearts & Hearts & Stitches; Inks:  Stampin Up!; Felt:  My Favorite Things

16 comments:

Barb said...

Rosie, your card is so charming! I love the felt heart! Beautiful work, as always! :)

Brenda said...

Well, I think that was a beautiful "accident" because I love this heart of felt Rosemarie! And those colours are really beautiful together,

Sylvia said...

Sorry you had to work so hard, Rosemary, but the second card is beautiful and I love the felt heart! Thanks for joining in the fun at the colourQ this week!

Greta said...

Love, love, love this one, Rosemary! The felt heart is perfect! I have that set on my wishlist--now I know I want it!

olenka said...

beautiful card, Rosie!!!

kingstonmama said...

This is so pretty, Rosemary. I'm a kitchen counter crafter, too. :) That or sitting on the family room floor, but I always end up with a sore back when I do that. Love your card! Ann

craftieodmae said...

absolutely stunning...........

Karen M said...

Hi Rosemary, I don't think this is plain at all. Its wonderful! Don't you just love the homespun hearts set! Beautiful card. Kx

Christine said...

Great card!! I love the way you've played with that hart!
hug
Christine

Jen Mitchell said...

Sorry to hear about the first card. There's nothing worse than spending all kinds of time on a project only to find a fatal flaw after! But I love your redux! The hearts as flowers are perfect! Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

Mona Pendleton said...

So cute! Love the felt heart!

Martha said...

Rosemary...dinner & a card! What a story!
I love...love...love...this card! The colors & the felt heart are SO lovely! What a great MFT set! I'm loving Lisa's sets!

Sandy said...

Your cards are grand - I love this too!
sandy

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful Rosie, I think the felt is such a gorgeous touch! Thank you for sharing with us this week at the colourQ!

Jen W. said...

I love the pop of colour and texture from that felt heart flower!

Nightmare about the water! I always manage to get inky finger splotches on my card especially when I've been fussy cutting. So annoying!

Michelle said...

Rosemay, love the texture the felt adds! So pretty!