"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

CCC #29....

Hello friends!!  Tuesday is here and that means time for a brand new CASology challenge!!  This week is going to be a fun one as the cue word is "game".  Given the creativity of everyone who plays along with CASology on a regular basis I know there are going to be some super creative cards in the line up.   You can get all the deets here.   Our guest designer this week is the very talented Christine.  And this week we have a sponsor:  Fresh Squeezed Stamps!!




Okay... going to admit this cue word was really a tough one for me.  I spent alot of time figuring out what I was going to do.  I even made a trip to my favorite stamp store for some inspiration.  Thankfully that trip did the trick and I came home with several different ideas.  I ended up using my MFT alpha dies to create my tic tac toe board.  I created the grid using some strips of hot pink card stock and then die cut the "Xs" and "O".  I backed the negative space with dark red card stock.  A fishtail flag was cut and then stamped with the sentiment.  A bit of bling finished things off.  Despite the grid being relatively large in size I still managed to keep things CAS by limiting my die cutting and embellishments. 

Thanks for stopping by.... make sure you check out the cards from the rest of the design team: Melissa, Tracey, Jen, Ardyth, Judy, Maureen, Meghan and this week's guest designer, Christine. Can't wait to see what you come up with using this week's cue word!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white; SU! dark pink and dark red; Dies:  My Favorite Things alphabet and fishtail flag stax dies; Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black; Rhinestone:  Want2Scrap

19 comments:

Barb said...

You came up with a fabulous idea, Rosie! Just love this beautifully crafted card!

Ardyth said...

I'm so pathetic that my first thought was xox doesn't win, but of course it does on valentines day! lol! Great card!

Kristie Goulet said...

Such a fun idea for the cue word! I had a hard time with this one too but figured out something that I will share soon. :)

Robin K. said...

I love your design Rosemary!! Way to think outta the box!

Meghan said...

I love that you die cut the letters out of your card front. Negative space is definitely your friend!

Lisa Lara said...

This is absolutely brilliant Rosi. Love your tic tac toe board.

Greta said...

I would never have thought of this--totally wonderful & ingenious, Rosemary!

Nona said...

Goodness, what a fun card, Rosemary! Love the clever design you created for this week's challenge :)

Jen W. said...

Brilliant! Love the way you used the negative die cuts and how you placed the sentiment (I always find that one of the trickiest parts of card making...)

Michelle said...

Fabulous card, Rosemary! I just love this idea!

Bonnie said...

This is so clever for this challenge and perfect for a Valentine! I'm going to remember this. I hope.

Darnell said...

This is super clean and crisp, Rosemary! Wow. What an adorable way to make an xs and os card for Valentine's Day!!

Vicky Hayes said...

I totally agree it's a tough one Rosie but you've made a fabulous idea with this tic tac toe game. Great fun to turn it into a valentine too!

Canonbury creations said...

Such a clever idea Rosie and beautifully crafted! Love the use of the negative and perfect placing of the sentiment.
Val x

Jean said...

What a fantastic CAS Valentine ~ love the negative die cuts!

Brenda said...

Brilliantly done Rosemary!

kingstonmama said...

Brilliant! Love your idea and your execution of it. Ann

Judy1223 said...

Rosemary, I was stumped at first, too...but your trip to the store sure inspired YOU! LOVE this fun Valentine!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic idea for the cue card, Rosemary, and such a clever Valentine card too ... so crisp and perfectly CAS! Anita :)