"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Monday, January 21, 2013

love... is in the air

Hello friends!!    I have another stampy card today.  This time for the current Dynamic Duos color challenge.  The color duo this week is red and black with the option of making your project with a Valentine theme.   I didn't really go with the Valentine theme other than I used the sentiment "Love is in the air".


One of my favorite red inks is Stampin Up!'s Cherry Cobbler so I used that for my card instead of SU!'s Real Red which is a much lighter red.   I stamped the butterfly (Penny Black's soft wings) at an angle with some of the butterfly going off the edges and then I matted it with black cardstock.  The sentiment is also from Penny Black (in the air).  Was stamped with Cherry Cobbler and then die cut using a My Favorite Things Fishtail Flag Stax die.  The card was finished off with a button and twine embellishment.

Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white & black; SU! Cherry Cobbler; Stamps:  Penny Black soft wings & in the air; Button:  unknown; Twine:  The Twinery  

17 comments:

craftieodmae said...

girl that is gorgeous!!! I love the butterfly!

kingstonmama said...

What a beautiful card, Rosemary. I love that gorgeous butterfly and the beautiful red card base. Ann

Gibmiss said...

Hi rosi
Fabulous card ... Gorgeous butterfly.....
Hugs Sylvie xxx

Unknown said...

Amazing as always. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Dynamic Duos.

Anonymous said...

Very, very pretty. ;-) That butterfly is gorgeous! I love the beautiful simplicity of this in these bold colors. Fantastic job! Thank you for joining us at Dynamic Duos. ;-)

Barb said...

That butterfly is beautiful, Rosie! Gorgeous colors!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful butterfly Rosemary!

Robin K. said...

Love the pairing of that sentiment with the butterfly image! Beautiful card!

Michelle said...

Beautifully done, Rosemary! Love focus on the butterfly!

Judy1223 said...

Wow, what a gorgeous butterfly and such deep reds...LOVE this!

Lisa Lara said...

Oh I love love Rosi!

Jenny said...

Beautiful card Rosemary, love the hand drawn look of the butterfly :0)
Jenny x

Suze Bain said...

A gorgeous card Rosemary, that butterfly is fabulous and I love the CC card base. Xx

Jen W. said...

I love Cherry Cobbler too - such a fabulous rich red! That butterfly stamp is gorgeous and I love how you angled it. :)

Greta said...

Saw this one on Flickr & loved it immediately! Terrific card, Rosemary!

Nona said...

Wow, love this, Rosemary! Beautiful design, pretty butterfly, and great bold colors!

Unknown said...

That butterfly is just stunning! Wonderful use of this week's colours. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Dynamic Duos.