"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, January 13, 2013

life is like....

Hello friends!  Well it is still stinkin' cold here in Western Washington... like down in the low 20's cold, but thankfully NO SNOW!!

I have  a card for this week's Less is More challenge.   As I normally do on a Saturday morning I checked out what the new challenge would be and my heart sank a bit... the challenge was to make a card with a sports or exercise theme.  Once, again, I don't have many stamps that fit into that category.  Then I remember this fun Our Daily Bread Designs set I have called Bicycle.   People use bikes for exercise all the time and I have been wanting to make something using that set for ages.  So...since time was short (the boys and I had a hair appointment in the early afternoon and then church after that) I got to work, but I forgot one little thing... this week is the dreaded ONE LAYER week at LIM.  As I drove away from my house I suddenly realized that my card did not fit the challenge because it was more than one layer... darn!!    With the stamp set still out on my counter this morning I got to work.  The idea for the card came from a fellow crafty blogger, Christine, who made a lovely card using a bicycle.  She colored only portions of her image, which is exactly what I did here.  I stamped the bike and sentiment using Tuxedo Black ink and then colored only the flowers in the basket using the following Copic markers:  G20, G21, G24, R81, R83 and R85.   Probably took me about ten minutes.   

Thanks for stopping by and thank you Christine for the inspiration!!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white; Stamps:  Our Daily Bread Designs, Ink:  Tuxedo Black; Copic Markers

25 comments:

Chrissie said...

The spotlighting technique suite this image beautifully Rosemary. It looks wonderful and I'm glad our challenge provided the vehicle(excuse the pun) to draw your unused stamps into play.
Super job!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Unknown said...

Okay..this is just amazing!! What a beautiful image. I love that you colored only the basket.

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

This came out great!!!!
Those gorgeous flowers hopefully will warm you up with thoughts of Spring!!!

Viv said...

Great example of highlighting one particular part of the stamp - really nice card!

Marlou McAlees said...

love your card!! what a fab stamp :) x

Gillian R said...

What a lovely card, love how you only coloured part of the image

Kathyk said...

Gr8 job and a super card

Kathyk

Anonymous said...

Great take on the challenge theme and I love that sentiment ... perfect! Anita :)

Nancy said...

I love this card, Rosemary! Perfect for this challenge!

Jenni's Jems said...

love this! that pop of colour is just perfect !x

kingstonmama said...

I love this, Rosemary! It's a gorgeous image and the way you've colored just one area of it is fabulous. Ann

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Rosie.
It is perfect, and highlighting the flowers lifts it wonderfully.
Smiles:)
Sue

Christine said...

No thanks Rosy! It feels good that I can give some inspiration to you! Your card looks fabulous!
Hug
Christine

Tracey McNeely said...

A beautiful card Rosemary!

Martha said...

Rosemary, this is SUPER-sweet! I love the darling image with the pretty flowers. Simply FABULOUS!

Greta said...

Love this 1 layer card with just a bit of coloring--perfect!

Kath said...

A great card - I love how you have coloured just the flowers.
Kath x

Brenda said...

WHat a gorgeous stamped image Rosemary and I love that small pop of color!

Lynne said...

This is beautiful Rosemary. I love the splash of colour.
Lynne xxx

Linby said...

Beautiful, the touch of colour sets it off wonderfully.
Linbyx

Robin K. said...

Great save Rosemary! Love the pop of color!

Michelle said...

Beautiful scene, Rosemary! Love the flowers!

Viv said...

Gorgeous stamping and highlighting Rosie, love the flowing text too. We have snow and -11 this morning brrrr:) Viv xx

Susan said...

Love how you just colored a small part of this image...perfection!

Jen Nelson said...

rosi this is just gorgeous.. might try this technique on some of my more detailed stamps

Sorry late visiting this week...
Thanks for joining us
Jen xx
"Less Is More"