"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, January 24, 2013

what's the buzz....?

Hello friends!!  Got to make a card today!!  I used to make cards every single day, but now I don't.  Sometimes I don't make a card all week... just depends on how I'm feeling.   And today I felt like making a card.  I'm going to try to make another one later this evening... we shall see how that goes!   Anywhoo.... this card is for the current ColourQ challenge, as well as CAS(e) this Sketch


The other day I needed some inspiration for a card I needed to make and so I took a little drive to my favorite stamp store, Impress Rubber stamps.   While I was there I spotted a set of embossing folders from LifeStyle Crafts that I just had to buy.  One of the folders has a honeycomb design and the other little bees... too cute!  I used the honeycomb folder for my card, as well as a cute little set from The Craft's Meow called Thanks Bee to Thee.   This week's ColourQ combo was a bit of a challenge for me to find good color matches, but I think I succeeded.  I used cardstock from PTI, Close to My Heart, Bazzill and Stampin Up!  The hexagons were cut with a set of Taylored Expressions Hexagon Stacklets from the Bazzill and PTI cardstocks.  When I originally finished there were only three hexagons, but then I looked at the sketch, again, and decided I needed to add one more.  In retrospect I think I should have left it off.  Oh well... 

Thanks for stopping by....

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI, Stampin Up!, Bazzill & Close to My Heart; Ink:  Memento Rich Cocoa; Stamps:  The Craft's Meow; Embossing Folder:  LifeStyle Crafts

11 comments:

Jen Mitchell said...

I love the whole bee and honeycomb theme! And the sentiment is perfect! Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

Sylvia said...

I love the bee's and the honeycomb as well, Rosemary, awesome card! So happy to see your card at the colourQ this week. Have a fun Friday!

stampwithsandy said...

Cute! Love the little bees and you did an awesome job with the sketch.

Michelle said...

Those bees are adorable! Love the hexagons!

Deepti said...

very interesting card, I love the concept of BEE :)

Ardyth said...

OMG - you live close enough to Impress to go there? I'm jealous! I love shopping online there! I love your cute little bees and the queen, and the use of the hexes! Thanks so much for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week, Rosemary!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous use of the colours, Rosemary, and the bees with the hexagons are splendid ... four looks perfect to me! Anita :)

Greta said...

This is just too adorable! Love it, Rosemary!

Chrissy Larson said...

Love the hexagons and the bees are adorable!! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

Jen W. said...

Awesome take on the sketch and that honeycomb embossing is bee-utiful!!! :) Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

Tracey McNeely said...

Love the hexagon embossing Rosie and then the hexagon images--swoon! Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at the colourQ!