"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, January 13, 2013

trendy trees...

Hello friends... night has fallen here in my part of the world, the little kiddo is fast asleep, the big kiddo will be shortly and the house is relatively quiet.  I decided to post a card I made this afternoon for a couple of challenges:  Dynamic Duos and CAS(e) this Sketch.



I have had this Memory Box stamp called Trendy Trees and the matching die for quite sometime and had yet to ink it up.  Sadly it was a bit forgotten!  Then my bloggy friend, Judy, made a card using the same stamp which reminded me that I need to show this little stamp some love and I thought it would make a nice card using the current sketch from CAS(e) this Sketch.  I had to change the orientation of the sketch to make it work, though.  Anywhoo.... I stamped the trees using green ink onto some green patterned paper from a WeRMemoryKeepers 6x6 pad of papers and then die cut it using the die.  I then die cut the trees from some white cardstock cut to fit the front of my yellow card base (the Dynamic Duo this week being yellow and green).   I stamped the sentiment using black ink and then adhered the white piece to the card front using foam dimensionals.  Once that was done I applied some adhesive to the back of the patterned paper trees and inserted it into the opening created by the die.  I had to had some rhinestones because for some reason this particular die has these little loops on either end that created nice little holes that I didn't want!  Despite that little mishap I quite like how the card turned out.

Thanks for stopping by.....

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white and lemon tart; Stamps:  Memory Box & Hero Arts; Ink:  Memento Bamboo Leaves & Tuxedo Black; Die:  Memory Box;  Rhinestones:  SU!; PP:  We R Memory Keepers

23 comments:

Greta said...

Cute card, Rosemary--makes me think of Spring! Boy will some warmer days be welcome!

Brenda said...

I love your take on this sketch Rosemary! It's a nice feeling to use a supply we have neglected, I know!

Christine said...

Great!! That stamp and die are so beautiful!
Hug
Christine

Jen W. said...

I love finding forgotten crafty stash especially as cute as this. What a fun die! And the gems are the perfect touch. ;) Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

craftieodmae said...

such a lovely card!!!

Kim S said...

Such a nice effect with that hint of saffron around the trees! So glad to see you at CAS(E) this Sketch!

Ardyth said...

Love the mod feel to those trees and the 'random' bling, as well as the fresh colour combination! Thanks so much for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week, Rosemary!

Tracey McNeely said...

Fabulous card Rosie!

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Gorgeous card! Love the design.

Warm hugs
Maarit

Unknown said...

Lovely card- I love the tree die! Thanks for playing with us at CAS(E) this Sketch this week!

Jackie Rockwell said...

Oh I adore that die! Love the composition of this card!!! So glad you played along with us in this week's CAS(E) this Sketch!

Robin K. said...

Love how you recessed the die cut in the card front! Cute card!

Lisa Lara said...

Cute and cool at the same time Rosi. Hi girl.

Unknown said...

Love it when that happens. Super sweet card. So glad you joined us at Dynamic Duos.

Michelle said...

So cool and trendy! Fabulous card, Rosemary!

kingstonmama said...

Cute! That's a great die and stamp set. It looks fabulous with the sketch and color combo. Ann

wienerhoneymooners said...

Wow! I have this stamp and it took me a few seconds to even recognize it. So new and fresh! Great Card!

Karen M said...

Hey Rosemary, this is cute. I've toyed over whether or not to get this stamp, but I may be persuaded now. Love the little rhinestone touch. Perfect! Kx

Martha said...

What a LOVELY...LOVELY...card, Rosemary! I love it when stamps come with matching dies. You've used this set SO beautifully! (OH, can I ever relate to having "forgotten" stamps & dies.) The rhinestones add the perfect finishing touch!

Anonymous said...

Love the dimension you've created with the white panel die cut ... and of course the perfectly placed bling!! Anita :)

Anonymous said...

Love your card, Rosemary. ;-) I know what you mean about neglected supplies! I'm glad you used this one - and I love it with the die cut. Thank you for joining us at Dynamic Duos. ;-)

Viv said...

Great CAS card Rosie,just loving those trees too :) Viv xx

Unknown said...

Always fun to drag out those neglected stamps! Gorgeous card and the die cutting is very clever. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Dynamic Duos.