"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

CCC #26... winter wishes

Hello friends!!  Tuesday has arrived and that means time for a brand new CASology challenge!! This week the cue word is "winter"... a perfect choice for this time of year wouldn't you say?    All the challenge details can be found here.   This week our special guest designer is Marlou!!  I know you will be wowed by her sample!  



I had several ideas as to what I would make for this week's cue word, but honestly I was feeling a bit lazy and opted to use the current Retro Sketch to help me put my card together.  I have said it before and I will say it again... if you are having a problem figuring out how to put together a CAS card a clean and simple sketch can be very, very helpful!!   The stamps I used are from a fun Taylored Expressions stamp set call Love Grows here.  The image was stamped using Tuxedo Black ink on white cardstock and then die cut using a Spellbinders Labels 18 die.   I colored the image with Copic markers, as well as a Tuxedo Black marker and then added the little snowflake button (a gift from my sweet friend, Nat) and a twine bow.  The image was then mounted over some My Mind's Eye All is Bright washi tape.  Once that was done I stamped the sentiment.   You can still add embellishments to a CAS design, as long as you keep them to a minimum.

Thanks for stopping by.... make sure you check out the cards from the rest of the design team: Melissa, Tracey, Jen, Ardyth, Judy, Maureen, Meghan and this week's guest designer, Marlou, Can't wait to see what you come up with using this week's cue word!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white; Stamps:  Taylored Expressions; Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black; Copic Markers; Washi Tape:  My Mind's Eye; Twine:  My Mind's Eye; Snowflake button - unknown; Die:  Spellbinders

27 comments:

Ardyth said...

This has to be my favourite winter colour combination - lots of white with pops of aqua and red!

Suze Bain said...

Love the washi tape and the snowflake button. A super card Rosemary. Xx

Christine said...

Beautiful card, nice with the washi-tape!
Hug
Christine

Canonbury creations said...

Great layout and I love the washi tape Rosie! How appropriate is that button:)
Val x

Tracey McNeely said...

A sweet little snowman Rosemary!

Meghan said...

That Taylored Expressions stamp is on my wish list! Love the washi tape behind your focal! Wintery perfection!

Cards By Jan said...

This is so cute Rosemary!! I love the lil snowman, those colours look great together....

This is our first week not putting a card up for the team...feels kinda funny...I miss it, but its a nice break...my hubby is happy...he had to put on the watermarks all the time...lol
Blessing & Hugs my friend!!

Lisa Lara said...

Oh I just love this Rosi with the Washi tape!

Greta said...

Just adorable, Rosemary! Love the Washi tape used for a background.

craftieodmae said...

Outstanding!! Love the layout!

Marlou McAlees said...

your card is fabulous!! love snowmen x :)

Maureen Merritt said...

I love what you did with the washi tape. I just bought my first rolls and I'm trying to figure out what to do with it. This card is a great inspiration for me :)

Robin K. said...

I'm always so stumped by washi tape and therefore never buy it- love how you used it here in your design!! This little snowman is such a cutie! I'm feeling a snowman CAS card comin' on:)

Olga said...

Adorable card!

Darnell said...

What a wonderful wintery card, Rosemary! More inspiration for me with washi tape and how fun that you received the snowflake button which is PERFECT for this card!!

kingstonmama said...

That Washi tape makes a fun background, and perfect colors, too! I love the little snowflake button.

Julia Aston said...

Cute stampings on the nestie label - love the tapes behind it!

Viv said...

Another great inspirational card Rosie, what a super colour combo too. Loving that washi tape also :) Viv xx

Brenda said...

Very sweet Rosemary! Love the Washi and snowflake button!

Jean said...

This is such a sweet little snowman scene ~ Love the washi tape and button too!

Judy1223 said...

Rosemary, what a cool retro snowman! Of course your card is totally adorable...I am always inspired by your lovely work!

Jen W. said...

Loving the washi tape and that multi coloured twine is perfect with that cool button!

Aileen said...

Love the washi tape background and cute little snowman. x

Karen M said...

Hi Rosemary, thanks for stopping by for a 'visit'. I love your cute card; isn't that little snowman adorable? And of course, the washi tape just makes the whole card perfect! Happy winter! Kx

Carol L said...

I love those random strips of washi and how easily they fit into your design! Cute stuff!

Bonnie said...

I love your die cut and the tape, but those little candy canes are da bomb!

Michelle said...

Oh so sweet! I must be the only crafter who has not embrace washi tape! Fabulous job!!!