"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, January 25, 2013

thanks for everything.... PTI January Blog Hop

Hello friends!!  Have a card today for my first ever PTI blog hop!  I have been purchasing PTI products for four years now, but have never participated in their blog hop.  At the end of last year I decided that this year I was going to try.... so here I am!!


Had lots of ideas for this month's challenge to use a black background, but as per usual with me... never got around to making anything until the chips were down this morning and I need to get something made.  So I went super simple.  I embossed the true black cardstock using the circles cover plate die (I love to emboss with the cover plates!) and then trimmed it down.  After die cutting the flowers from the anniversary set Pretty Peonies I stamped them using SU!'s Pear Pizzazz and Rich Razzleberry inks.   The rectangular label image was die cut from Smoky Shadow and then the image was stamped with VersaMark watermark ink, clear embossing powder applied and heat set.  It was at this point in the process that I created a big mess with the embossing powder.  The heat gun blew the excess powder all over my stamps!!  Yikes.... anyway... got it all cleaned up and moved on to finishing the card!  I don't like how the sentiment turned out... need to get a new pad of white ink. 

Thanks for stopping by.....

Supplies:  Cardstock: PTI white, true black & smoky shadow; Inks:  stampin up! & VersaMark; Embossing Powder:  Ranger clear; Stamps & Dies:  PTI

17 comments:

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Great job, hops are fun, look forward to more goodies.

Leigh Penner said...

Pretty! I like how you layered the flowers on the embossed background!

Marybeth said...

This is beautiful Rosemary, love the embossing you did and the deep purple is stunning!

Kristie Goulet said...

Very pretty!!

Christine said...

I like the black background, it's so beautiful with the colours of the flowers!
Hug
Christine

Sue Lelli said...

Rosemary, this is just BEAUTIFUL! Your last minute inspiration is FAB! LOVE the BG embossing and your Beautiful blooms!

Tracey McNeely said...

This is gorgeous Rosie! I love how you embossed the circles and Pretty Peonies is one of my favourite flower sets!

Michelle said...

Rosemary, I love those prtty flowers! The color is so pretty aginst black!

Anonymous said...

So dramatic, love the circle embossing and vibrant colours on the flowers! Anita :)

Darnell said...

It's about time, girl, after four years of being a PTI customer!! And you did a great job, Rosemary! I am now adding the cover plate to my wish list.

I'm sorry you blew your ep all over. I did that once and let me tell you, you'll never do it again. I don't go near the gun until the excess powder is back in the jar and my jar lids are screwed back on!

Actually your white ink looks like the chalk "blackboard" technique! Serendipity!

Judy1223 said...

This is so pretty, Rosemary!

Greta said...

Beautiful card, Rosemary! Love the embossed background & the use of purple shades with black--fabulous look!

Suze Bain said...

Those blossoms look gorgeous against the black backround. A lovely card.xx

natashakara said...

I absolutely adore your card. I love the grey border, it softens the black and makes everything stand out so beautifully. I know what you mean about having all the supplies and not participating enough. I need to do more of that this year myself too. Your off to a fab start :)

Jacquie Southas said...

beautiful - absolutely adore the coverplate impression and the depth of color in your embossed image!

Unknown said...

stunning!!! love the black frame behind floral spray...and the embossing. gorgeous!

Lisa Lara said...

Gorgeous Rosi. The Embossing adds that special touch.