"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

CCC #28... a cup of thanks

Hello friends!!  Tuesday has rolled around once, again, and that means time for a brand new CASology challenge!!  Love, love, love seeing all the fabulous entries each week!   This week the cue word is "drink"!   So many fun directions you can go in with that cue word for sure.   Our guest designer this week is the amazingly talented Heather Telford!!



A few weeks ago the Less is More challenge had "drink" as it's challenge theme and I seriously struggled trying to come up with an idea.  I'm telling you this because I had the same struggle with this word, again!!   I was ready to use the same stamp set that I had used for my LIM card when I decided to rummage through my stamps and see if I could come up with something else.  Found a little stamp in a SU! set I have that features three little hot drinks, but after trying a couple of things using that stamp it just wasn't working for me.  Then I remembered my newly acquired MFT ALM "Your My Cup of Tea".   I decided to use that and do some spotlight paper piecing.   The papers I used are from the BasicGrey Serendipity 6x6 pad.  I matted the image with some kraft cardstock.  I wanted to show that you can take a rather large image and keep it CAS by spotlighting a portion of the image.

Thanks for stopping by.... make sure you check out the cards from the rest of the design team: Melissa, Tracey, Jen, Ardyth, Judy, Maureen, Meghan and this week's guest designer, May. Can't wait to see what you come up with using this week's cue word!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white & kraft; Stamps:  My Favorite Things ALM; Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black & SU! Pear Pizzazz; PP:  BasicGrey

21 comments:

Ardyth said...

Beautiful use of neutral colours - perfectly CAS!

Kristie Goulet said...

Love your paper piecing! Great card!

Karen M said...

This is fab, Rosemary! I especially like the way you have focused on the tea cup with the lovely paper-piecing. Very pretty Kx

Tracey McNeely said...

Rosie that is such a cute card and a great CAS tip! Love that image.

Barb said...

So clever, Rosie! Adorable image!

Greta said...

Ingenious, Rosemary! Darling card & thanks for the tip on using a large image for a CAS card.

Christine said...

Perfect CAS-card! A great idea Rosy!
Hug
Christine

Canonbury creations said...

Just my cup of tea Rosie! I love the paper piecing which really pops against the sketched image, fabulous!
Val x

Unknown said...

Love this!

Jen W. said...

Your spotlight paper piecing is genius! I would normally shy away from an image like that because I wouldn't know how to colour it but this is the perfect solution! Love the paper you used for it too!

Meghan said...

I love those stamps by MFT! This one is perfect for the cue card and your paper pieced mug is perfect. I do believe I see Red Velvet Cake tea in that cup!

craftieodmae said...

fantastic!!

Jenny said...

Love the neutral tones for your paper piecing..... great idea to just highlight the cup :0)
Jenny x

Pryn said...

This is fabulous! The paper piecing looks amazing!

Robin K. said...

You were my inspiration this week Rosemary!! I love your card and will be using your idea more often in my designs:).

Maureen Merritt said...

I love the spotlight effect you used here! I would never think to do that with this image! Absolutely love it...all of your struggles with "Drink" paid off in the end :)

Viv said...

Another gorgeous card Rosie, love that paper piecing :) Viv xx

wienerhoneymooners said...

oh! This is so special, FAB! Very cool.

Michelle said...

Love the untouched image and embellished tea cup! Beautiful, Rosemary!

Judy1223 said...

Rosemary, I adore this image and the wonderful way you spotlighted the cup alone with patterned paper...genius!

Jean said...

What a fantastic idea ~ love the patterned paper you chose and the kraft matting really highlights your image.