"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, January 4, 2013

Courage....

Hello friends!!  Got a chance to make a card today.... YAY!   One of my favorite stamp companies is My Favorite Things.   They have fantastic dies (the Fishtail Flag Stax & FF Stax Layer dies are some of my favorites) and super cute stamps (Pure Innocence and A la Modes to name a few).   Each week they have a sketch fun challenge over at Splitcoaststampers and on a monthly basis they give one lucky crafter the opportunity to be a guest designer during their release week festivities!!  I have often thought I would play along with these monthly guest designer challenges, but to be honest I haven't because I lacked a bit of confidence.  But I decided that this year I'm going to try to play along with each monthly MFT guest designer challenge if for nothing more than to improve my papercrafting skills.  So, here is my card for the MFT January guest designer challenge


So I got out my MFT dies and stamps and got to work.  I used two different MFT stamps sets:  Vertical Greetings and Complimentary Greetings and the following dies:  Vertical Greetings, Wonky Scallop Border, Fancy Flourish, Mini Royal Roses and Fishail Flag Stax.  The color combo comes from this week's ColourQ challenge.  I chose to use the color combo of red, black, green, kraft and white.   And I tried my hand at the new chalkboard technique.  I had to admit that it took me several tries to get a finished chalkboard piece that didn't look a mess!   I distressed the edges of all the papers and cardstock and made the roses using MFT kraft felt.    I finished off the interior of the card with a sentiment from Complimentary Greetings.   Stamping the sentiment on the polka dot paper wasn't the best thing to do, but it does actually look okay in real life.  If you haven't ever checked out My Favorite Things, you really should.  Their current release week is in full swing and their super talented design team has lots of eye candy for you to check out!!

Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white; SU! Pear Pizzazz & Crumb Cake; SU! Real Red Polka Dot DP; Stamps:  MFT; Dies:  MFT; Ink:  VersaMark Watermark ink; Tuxedo Black ink; White Embossing powder

17 comments:

Barb said...

Love this card, Rosie! That red and white dotted paper is so fun and your chalkboard technique turned out awesome! Love that you finished off the inside of the card as well! Good luck in the challenge! :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Fabulous card Rosie, love your tall chalkboard. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at the colourQ!

Robin K. said...

Your "chalkboard" is amazing Rosemary!!!! And I totally love that quote! Good for you trying a new challenge!!! As I always say "opportunity only dances with those on the dance floor!" Go for it girlfriend!!!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Rosy
I must say I was a little surprised when I read that you lacked confidence! For someone who is prolific in card making as you, and and who regularly features in many challenge blogs, if not a winner then more often than not a runner up. You should take a look back on some of the projects you have made the last 12 months and you will soon begin to realise when you see your cards, how beautiful and well constructed they are.
I do not think I am alone in thinking this.
Your card today with the polka dot background sets the scene beautifully for the black and white chalk board, which looks wonderful, and I love how you've added the flowers and flourish, as it creates movement on your card.
Smiles :-)
Sue

Anita Rex said...

My friend you SHOULD NOT LACK CONFIDENCE AS YOU ARE SO TALENTED! Seriously! This card is proof! Love this pretty card with the fun chalk board!

Mynn xx said...

This is so beautiful! I am LOVING all the faux chalkboard creations I'm seeing and this is one of my favorites so far! Gorgeous!!! I hope you get a chance to play along with us at Inkspirational this week and at Technique Tuesday this month! I'd LOVE to see what you make of our challenges! :)

Kara said...

awesome card! thanks so much for sharing your card with us at the ColourQ!!

Audrey Hiltke said...

Oh My Gracious - Rosie, I can see why they've invited you - your cards are amazing. Beautifully done!
Hugs,
Audrey

Michelle said...

Gorgeous card, Rosemary! Love the chalkboard theme!!!

Regina Easter said...

WOW WHAT A GORGEOUS CARD...love it

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a fabulous quote and on such a brilliant chalkboard ... love those flowers and swirls too! Anita :)

Martha said...

Rosemary, this is absolutely GORGEOUS! You used the chalkboard technique SO beautifully! I love the colors and all fabulous details!

NO WAY...YOU...cannot be serious! I consider you as being one of the MOST talented paper crafters I know. You ALWAYS inspire me...and I'm certain, many others, as well.

Greta said...

WOW--I don't know how there could be a better entry than this card, Rosemary! I entered once & will again, but not this time--no chance! You nailed it! Everything goes together perfectly--lots of details, but not overwhelming to the eye--I LOVE this card!

Judy1223 said...

Rosemary, I just finished looking at this set online when I saw your card...ah! So pretty! I love the red and white background with the chalkboard on it...gorgeous! You inspire me every time I visit!

kingstonmama said...

Another gorgeous 'chalkboard.' I love the shape of it. The inside is just as beautiful as the outside! :)

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card as always, Rosemary, you know I love whatever you make! It is always fresh and fun. Thanks for sharing your card and the blackboard technique with us at the colourQ this week.

Brenda said...

Well done for going all out this year Rosemary! A fabulous card to kick of your resolution!