"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, January 10, 2013

let it snow....

Hello friends!!  Here with another winter themed card for a couple of challenges, the monthly Craft's Meow sketch challenge and this week's ColourQ challenge.  It is stinkin' cold here in Western Washington, but I seriously DO NOT want it to snow and so far this winter we have managed to escape the white stuff here.  Fingers crossed that continues!  Anywhoo... on to my card.


Back in December I got this fun set from The Craft's Meow called Christmas Cheer.  It has a cool retro kinda look to it that I really liked.  Unfortunately, I wasn't able to make anything with it during the holiday season so I was determined to use it this month.  The ColourQ combo this week is yellow, navy blue, grey, kraft & white which I think works well for a winter card.  I stamped the snowman using navy blue ink and then trimmed him out.  The large snowflake in the background is a cool new die from My Favorite Things called the Snowflake Doily die.  The banner was cut with my favorite MFT dies... Fishtail Flag Stax dies.  Not sure I really like the snowflake embossed white cardstock piece, but maybe it will grow on me, lol!

Thanks for stopping by....

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white, yellow & kraft; SU! navy blue; Stamps:  The Craft's Meow; Ink:  SU! Navy Blue; Memento London Fog; Buttons:  PTI; Dies:  MFT Snowflake Doily; Fishtail Flag Stax; Sizzix embossing folder

15 comments:

Gibmiss said...

Hi Rosie
Fabulous card......
Love the snowman......
Hugs Sylvie xxxxx

Tracey McNeely said...

So cute Rosie! I love that sweet snowman. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at the color!

Saints Rule! said...

LOVE the darling snowman! Beautifully done Rosemary! Miss ya,,,

Lori

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Rosie,
I can't believe you are still making Christmas cards! But I must say this colour combination is unique and very effective, and the background embossing looks great.
It may be freezing there, it is darn hot here!
Smiles :-)
Sue

Canonbury creations said...

Love that colour combo Rosie, very fashionable here in London:) Cute snowman love his top hat!
Val x

Brenda said...

Snow....I wish we had some yesterday when I thought I was going to melt to death from the heat! Love that HUGE snowflake! Gorgeous work as always Rosemary!

Suze Bain said...

That's a fabulous circular snowflake die - a great card Rosemary. Xx

Christine said...

What a lovely snowman! Very cute card!
Hug
Christine

Greta said...

I love this darling card, including the white embossed background! I've never seen the snowflake doily--that is going on my wishlist! You always inspire me, Rosemary!

kingstonmama said...

What a cute snowman! I never would have thought to make a wintry card with that color combination, but it's fabulous! Ann

Michelle said...

Adorable!!! I've been eyeing that embossing folder! Sweet snowman!

Unknown said...

Darling Rosemary! I love the dry embossed background:) Thanks for playing at the ColourQ with us! :)

Sylvia said...

Love your beautiful card, Rosemary, love that snowman and all the embossing! Thanks once again for sharing your talent with us at the colourQ.

Lin said...

Hi Rosemary, what a lovely take on our sketch challenge - love the embossed snowflakes in the background! Thanks so much for joining us at The Craft's Meow for our January sketch challenge - good luck!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

I adore your snowman with the snowflake background! Thanks for joining us at The Craft's Meow this month!