"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

CCC #35... sending you sunshine

Hello friends!!  Tuesday is here and with it comes a brand new CASology cue word!!  This week our cue word is literally out of this world!  Say hello to "extraterrestrial"!!  How about that for a cue word, huh?   Had me scratchin' my head about what I was doing to make because I was really, really stumped, lol!!   So I looked up the word in the dictionary and found that the definition states that it is anything that originated or existed outside the earth or its atmosphere, which includes the sun, the moon, the stars, asteriods, etc (have I given you some ideas??)   So, instead of little green men (actually "greys" as people steeped in Ufology... yes, that is a word I looked it up, too... would call them) I went with the sun. 




The lovely layout for my card is courtesy of the ready to expire CAS(E) this Sketch layout (at the time this goes live I will have but a few hours left to get it posted).  Anywhoo... I used a lovely set from Taylored Expressions called Garden Party Blooms as it has a sun with a matching die (love those matching dies, don't you???) and the sweet sentiment I used.  The clouds were die cut using a cloud die from PTI.   The little strip of paper is from the My Mind's Eye Moments 6x6 pad and the card base was made using PTI's Blueberry Sky cs... most appropriate I thought. 

Thanks for stopping by.... I really cannot wait to see what "out of this world" ideas all you super talented papercrafters come up with for this challenge!!  In the meantime make sure you check out the cards from the rest of the design team:   Melissa, Tracey, Jen, Ardyth, Judy, Maureen, Meghan and this week's guest designer, Beate.

24 comments:

Kim S said...

Extraterrestrial!!?? Serious?? That's going to be tough!!! But I love what you have done with it - such a sweet and gentle card; it will bring sunshine to anyone who receives it! Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

Barb said...

This one would have stumped me too, Rosie! Great idea to look up the word - love your beautiful card!

Sparkly Engineer said...

Really like this sentiment. I know a whole lot of people who would appreciate this card about now

Meghan said...

Such a clever take on the cue card! I love how you seriously thought outside the box on this one!

Christine said...

How nice Rosy! Thank you for the sunshine, here is a lot of snow today!
Hug
Christine

Brenda said...

Oh thank goodness you looked up the definition Rosemary as I would definitely have gone for little martians! I love your interpretation much much more!

Anonymous said...

This is just lovely, Rosemary, soft colours, gentle fluffy clouds, I can almost feel the warm spring sun on my shoulders! Anita :)

lostinpaper said...

Gorgeous! Love how your sun is peeking out from the clouds.

Tracey McNeely said...

Rosie I love your take on the Cue Word, fabulous card.

Jen W. said...

That's an adorable sun stamp! Think I'm gonna have to check out Taylored Expressions...
Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

Michelle said...

Rosemary, I REALLY LOVE your take on the cue word! I would have looked it up also!

craftieodmae said...

awesome card, and thanks for the sunshine, we need it !!!!

Lisa Lara said...

So cool so cool Rosi. I just love it.

Shelly said...

Such a sweet card!! Lovin' those clouds and sun! :)

Carole Campanile said...

Wonderful Rosemary. Much better than little green men, though I have no doubt that you would have made a wonderful card using them as well. :D

TFS
Carole

Gillian R said...

Great idea for this weeks challenge, wish I had thought of that. Great card too

wienerhoneymooners said...

Very bright, soft and sunny!

Viv said...

Such a lovely card Rosie and so nice to see the sun even if it is a card one :) Viv xx

Greta said...

Don't know how I missed this one--love it! Congrats on the HM!

Canonbury creations said...

I'm with Barb on this Rosie, great idea to check out the definition! What a sunny card, love the clouds:)
Val x

Jenny said...

Love your happy card Rosemary, I would never have thought to use the sun until I heard the definition :0)
Jenny x

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Rosemary on the HM at CTS ... a great choice! Anita :)

Jean said...

Love this bright & sunny card ~ a fantastic take on the sketch challenge as well ~ this is sure to cheer up the recipient!

Barb King said...

I love this happy card! I can't find my cloud dies, and they add so much to a card. Great card with lots of white space.