"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, April 17, 2014

a note of thanks...

Hello, hello from wet, wet, wet Western Washington!!  Sometimes the rain gets me down, but in the spring time I do love the fact that all the rain makes everything so beautifully green!   And I really shouldn't complain because we have never experienced the type of weather that so much of the country experienced (and in some places continue to experience) this past winter!   Anywhoo... I do have a card to share.  This one is for CASology (note) and Seize the Sketch.  Don't think I have ever participated in a Seize the Sketch challenge so thought I would give them a try.

With a cue word like "note" there are many possiblities and it made me think of my seldom used PTI set "Happy Trails".  So I pulled that one out and made a more masculine type card.  I die cut the pencil and stamped the image in brown ink.  A mini paper bag was stamped with the sentiment.  I then die cut a piece of actual paper with the PTI notebook die, stamped it with a second sentiment and slipped it inside.   A scrap of patterned paper from the October Afternoon Witch Hazel line was adhered to the cardstock piece along with a strip of mustard yellow cardstock and the mini bag and pencil.  Slapped it on the kraft card base and I was done!

Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock: PTI kraft and cream; SU! More Mustard; PP:  OA Witch Hazel; cream mini bag; college rule writing paper; Stamps:  PTI Happy Trails; Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black; Dies:  PTI

16 comments:

Martha said...

Rosemary, great job with the two challenges. I love that pretty patterned paper. Fabulous card!

OH, I'll take some of your rain. For several years now, we have been in desperate need of rain.

Anita in France said...

The 'hidden' message is so cool and clever, Rosemary ... love that it's to be 'discovered'! Anita :)

Robin K. said...

Love, love, love how you put the message in the bag!!!

Deepti said...

I love the innovative idea of a hidden message :) such cards are so fun to receive !! Lovely layout n colors

craftieodmae said...

Gorgeous, love the pen!

Sherry Eckblad said...

I like your note card and I too have many sets of PTI that have been neglected.
Thanks for joining us at Seize the Sketch!

Viv said...

Great idea for a card Rosie, I love the little note and the tartan background. We have mostly dry sunny weather for a change here in the UK, bit chilly though. Hope the rain goes away soon for you. Happy Easter :) hugs Viv xx

walchowDesign said...

Great combination of the tartan pp with stylish pen, Rosie! Have a peaceful Easter!

Darnell said...

What a great idea for the "note" challenge, Rosemary!! Happy Spring!! Hugs, Darnell

Vicki Dutcher said...

That plaid goes perfect with this card - Thanks for joining in with STS!

Greta said...

Perfect images & layout for that gorgeous plaid paper! Love this, Rosemary! We've actually missed most of the rain, but this whole week is predicted to have showers. You're right--can't beat the beautiful green of the Pac NW!

Judy1223 said...

Rosemary, I love this note in the bag...so clever and pretty (love those patterned papers!)! So happy to have you playing along at CASology!

Lee-Anne said...

This is so cute and clever, Rosemary! I do love that plaid...really adds a great pop of color!

Jen W. said...

Brilliant! Love the note in the little bag and that awesome plaid paper! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Katie Melhus said...

I love your card Rosemary, it's absolutley perfect for the challenges! Love your plaid pattern and that sweet note. So glad you joined us at Seize the Sketch!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

This is awesome, Rosemary; what a fantastic use of the sketch and the cue word. I love your design using the pocket/white space/hidden message; so clever! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Seize the Sketch.