"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

CMCC #17... great friend

{for my Whimsy Stamps Release blog hop post please scroll down or click here.}

Hello, hello!!  Happy Wednesday... we have a fun new color challenge up at Colour Me..! that I know you are going to love!!   All the details can be found on the Colour Me...! blog.

 
 
Back in February during the PTI anniversary celebration I made a card for one of their many contests using a sketch and color combo that PTI provided.  I really loved how the card turned out (sadly it wasn't one of the winning projects, though!) and wanted to recreate it using a different color combo.  Today's card is the end result.  I used the same image from the PTI set Distressed Stripes, stamping the stripes from lightest to darkest color to create an ombre effect.  I changed things up a bit from the original (found here) by not distressing the edges, changing the twine from kraft colored to white, leaving off the wood veneer stars and adding the die cut word (a little gift from my sweet friend, Lisa).  The sentiment is from the PTI mini set Wonderful Words:  Teacher.

Thanks for stopping by...please check out the projects created by my fellow teamies Tara, Hayley, Sam, Katie, Brenda and April guest designer, Anita!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  Recollections; Stamps: PTI; Ink:  Stampin Up! & Hero Arts; Die cut:  PTI Wonderful Words friend; paper doily - Wilton; Twine:  Pretty Pink Posh

16 comments:

Greta said...

I loved your original card, but this one catches my eye even more! Absolutely wonderful creation, Rosemary!

Deepti said...

This is gorgeous !! I love the way the BG shimmers and the doily is perfect addition to the card design :)

Martha said...

Rosemary, you've used these pretty colors SO beautifully! I remember that lovely card. Fabulous design!

walchowDesign said...

Beautiful creation! Love how you used the stripes with the colour challenge - might need to copy this card - thanks for the inspiration!

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Love your take on the inspiration photo with that bold paper. Fabulous card. TFS

Lisa Lara said...

I think that is fun that you madeover one of your own cards Rosi. Love this color combo. Your card is just exquisite.

Lisa Elton said...

Very pretty card Rosemary! A girl can never go wrong with a sweet paper dolly!

craftieodmae said...

Gorgeous, and I love the colors

IamUniquelyImperfect said...

Gorgeous card, I love the colors. Tfs Patricia B

Anita in France said...

Gasp ... this is breathtakingly delicious, Rosemary ... oh my ... these gorgeous colours and perfect stripes together on one card ... bliss! Anita :)

Barb Ghig said...

Oh, I really love this card! I think this color combo is fabulous with the Distressed Stripes and your doily is such a lovely detail! Another really beautiful card, Rosemary!

Unknown said...

Great interpretation & those colours are to die for. The doily just finishes it off beautifully

OttawaMom said...

Great ombre effect with all those stripes! Great sentiment and embellishments.

Unknown said...

Rosemary I think this is one of my favs you have created to date! Love the colourful background and the doily is the perfect addition :)

Katie Melhus said...

Great card, Rosemary - I love your striped background, it's perfect!

Tara Bourgoin said...

Gorgeous background!! I love those grungy stripes. I love the design of this card, and that sweet doily at the top is wonderful!