"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

CMCC #18... thanks a latte

Hello, hello!!  Wednesday is here and that means time for a brand new Colour Me...! challenge and since April has 5 Wednesdays that also means that it is your chance to use up to five colors of YOUR choice!!  How fun is that???   Unfortunately, the end of the month also means that this is the last Wednesday for our sweet and super talented guest designer, Anita.  She has done an amazing job this month and I, for one, have enjoyed having her design with us!  All the details regarding the challenge can be found on the Colour Me...! blog
 
I decided to go with only three colors and used the Viva la Verve week #3 layout, as well as the VLV inspiration photo.  I pulled my three colors from that photo: navy, turquoise and bright green.  All the stamps are from Verve (Holiday Treats).  The dies are from Verve (Tagged Rectangle die & Cup of Cheer dies; Reverse Confetti and PTI).  I embossed the background using the PTI chevron cover plate.  The tag was die cut and stamped with the image from Holiday Treats.  Some twine in turquoise and green was adhered to the white cardstock piece before the tag was added.  The banner was die cut, stamped with the sentiment and layered on the tag.  Finished with the little die cut coffee cups that I stamped in turquoise and green.  I'm also going to pop this into this week's Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge:  Anything Goes.

Thanks for stopping by...please check out the projects created by my fellow teamies Tara, Hayley, Sam, Katie, Brenda and April guest designer, Anita!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white; SU! Night of Navy; Stamps:  Verve; Dies:  Verve, Reverse Confetti & PTI; Inks:  Stampin Up!; Hemp Twine:  Hemptique

13 comments:

Katie Melhus said...

This card is CAS perfection. I just love navy and I never use it but you've inspired me to break it out with this great combo. Another wow creation Rosemary!

Anita in France said...

Simply wonderful, Rosemary ... gorgeous colour combo and so perfectly CAS ... yum! Anita :)

Lisa Elton said...

Cute card Rosemary! I love the focal layered on the tag!l

Barb Ghig said...

I love how you played with the colors, Rosemary! Such a beautiful CAS design, and I love your embossed background! Gorgeous card!

Robin K. said...

Love this color combo! Your little tangle of twine behind the focal point is awesome:)

Unknown said...

Your card is perfect Rosemary! I love the colour combo, and the little twine nest! I always want to try to get that just perfect, but it really is supposed to be a little messy isn't it? Thanks for your sweet comments, btw, I have totally loved my GD month with Colour Me...!, and will definitely be back to play along!

Oh, I've been meaning to ask you where you are in WA... I come down there now and again (I'm right above the BC/WA border)... I have an aunt in Sunnyside that I try to have coffee with a couple times a year... although usually we meet in Seattle, which is sort of the halfway point for both of us! Anyway, didn't mean to write a whole story here... see y'all around!

walchowDesign said...

Simply gorgeous! Perfect balance of the colours and the twines make it special!

Heather said...

A fabulous card Rosemary, a great design and colour scheme. I love your chevron background and fabulous elements!!!

Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge,
hugs
Heather xx

Martha said...

Rosemary, what a darling card! Love how you incorporated the pretty colors. Great design!

Greta said...

Love the inspiration & how you used the photo & the sketch for this fun card, Rosemary!

Unknown said...

So super cute Rosemary :) I love the twine!

Lisa Lara said...

Love this card Rosi. This is cool. Elegant and trendy. Love it.

Deepti said...

I have been MIA lately but so am glad I found time to go over your amazing creations, this is incredibly cute, I am big admirer of the the way u make perfect proportions of colors on ur cards :)