"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Monday, April 7, 2014

love the here & now...

Hello friends!!  Popping in with a card for the current MFT Wednesday sketch challenge, as well as Virginia's View challenge #2 - stencils.

 
I will be honest and tell you that I'm not real big on stencils.  I own one and don't plan to buy any more.  I have dies that I can use to make my own stencils and given that this isn't a technique that I will be using alot using my dies to make my own works perfectly for me!  I'm also not big on spray mists for several reasons that I won't bore you with!  However, I did buy four Perfect Pearl Mists (for reasons I don't even remember, lol!) a few years ago and thankfully I was able to use one of them for my card.  I created my stencil by cutting a piece of thin chipboard using my MFT Fluttering Hearts die.  I layed it on my white cardstock and sprayed away using Perfect Pearls Heirloom Gold mist.  After removing the stencil I realized that you can't really tell that those are hearts, but I forged ahead anyway.  I cut the piece down to the size I wanted and then stamped it with my sentiment (from the MFT set Chalkboard Greetings) using black ink.  I matted the piece with PTI Smoky Shadow cardstock.  Some pink polka dotted paper from Echo Park was cut to fit my card base, the edges distressed a bit and then adhered to the card base.  The stenciled piece was layered on top and then I added the wood veneer arrows that I colored using SU!'s Melon Mambo ink and then daubed them with a Ranger Gold paint dauber.  Not a bad effort... but I think I may try making something using my fibre paste.

Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white & Smoky Shadow; PP:  Echo Park; Stamps:  My Favorite Things; Die:  My Favorite Things; Studio Calico wood veneer arrows; Ranger Gold paint dauber; Perfect Pearls Mist; Ink:  SU! Melon Mambo, Memento Tuxedo Black

15 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Your DIY stencil heart background provides the lovely touches for your design! I love the shine from the Perfect Pearl, Rosemary! The little hearts really make the design SHINE! I know , stencil is not everyone's cup of tea, but you have no trouble in creating your own! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia's view Challenge!

Lisa Elton said...

Such a cute design Rosemary! The big polka dots and your stenciled heart look perfect together. I'm with you and the whole spraying, stenciling, goopy product stuff LOL, too much of a mess for me!

Deepti said...

I like the combination of the big polka dots and the tiny hearts. lovely card!! I like stencils but I agree we can make our own stencil with various dies :)and yes I own only two ;)

Barb Ghig said...

Oh, I just love how you created your own stencil! So clever of you, and I love the softness of the hearts with the boldness of the arrows and sentiment! Beautiful card, Rosemary!

jintyoo7 said...

I admire your discipline ;oP

Great design, Rosemary - love what you do with the wooden embellishments!

Robin K. said...

I was giggling through your whole post Rosemary! I have not jumped on the stencil bandwagon nor do I like sprays:). But I do want to participate in Virginia's challenge so I guess I'll have to bite the bullet. Love how you created your own stencil to create a very hip card!

Joni Andaya said...

What a Lovely card Rosemary :)

Kim S said...

Love your stencil - the softness of the hearts is a beautiful touch. The two rustic arrows perfectly point out the sentiment!

Marybeth said...

Love your design Rosemary! I am going to have to get back on the bandwagon of using a stencil, hope its not to late. You have inspired me!

Martha said...

Rosemary, your "stencil" comments made me smile. You certainly made your stencil shine! I love the design!

Diane Jaquay said...

Very pretty, Rosemary!

Lisa Lara said...

Hi Rosi. Beautifully done. Sorry I have been busy, we must do lunch. I love the arrows overlapping the edge.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is beautiful! Thanks so much for stopping by to say HELLO! : )

Greta said...

I can tell they're hearts & I love the look of the mist & those arrows!

Saints Rule! said...

So pretty Rosi! Love those darling gold hearts. They look fantastic! {{hugs}}