"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, April 26, 2014

be YOU tiful...

Hello, hello!! Beautiful day here in the PacNW!  The sun is shining and the birds are singing... makes me smile!   Can't believe I have posted every single day this week... I really try to not do that, but sometimes it happens!  And the fun just continues because... yep... I have a card to post!
This one started out as a card for just two different challenges:  Sketchbook Saturday and Reverse Confetti color challenge.   But when I saw my sweet (and super talented) bloggy friend Anita's post for Addicted to CAS (she is guest designing... YAY Anita!) I just had to add my card to that challenge, as well.  I also had to laugh when I read Anita's post because I share her desire to have things be well... neat and grunge (the ATCAS challenge) just isn't neat!  But I have been giving it a try... first with stamps and now actually trying splattering on my projects.  The randomness and messiness of splattering kinda unnerves me, but I'm starting to enjoy it more.   I used SU! reinkers in the following colors:  Certain Celery, Wisteria Wonder & Marina Mist.  I mixed each one with water and splattered away.  I would like to say it was liberating, but seriously... it wasn't, lol!   The arrows were die cut using my Reverse Confetti arrow die and then adhered.  I stamped the sentiment and image from the RC set Peacock Pretties, punches them out and adhered to the arrows.  Some pale lavendar baker's twine was tied to one arrow and the piece was adhered to the card base. 

Thanks for stopping by...
 
Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white; Stamps & dies:  Reverse Confetti; Inks:  Stamping Up!; Baker's Twine:  Stampin Up!
 

14 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

So so COOL!!

Greta said...

Oh my goodness--you've left me speechless, Rosemary! Moving this one to the top of my favorites!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Rosie,
I love this...of course I do.
It is so random and so unlike you, but well done for facing your fears, creativity is inventing, experimenting, but mostly having fun that is how one grows. The splotches are fabulous along with the elements.
Smiles:)
Sue.

Barb Ghig said...

You did an amazing job on the ATCAS challenge, Rosemary! I love the color combo and how you layered your elements...very cool design, too!!!

sandie said...

Well you rocked the grunge challenge and with such pretty colours, thanks for joining us at ATCAS

Anita in France said...

Your post had me smiling, Rosemary ... thanks so much for the sweet words and shout out! Now for your card ... oh. my. goodness! I love how you've taken grunge and made it so your own ... yes, definitely neat and grungy .. and I adore those graphic, dimensional arrows! Soooo cool! Thanks so much for playing along with ATCAS! Anita :)

Wanda Cullen said...

Your card is a fabulous CAS design and I enjoyed your post so much because I can totally identify! I like to splatter using a splatter stamp rather than the "out of control" unpredictable flinging of ink! LOL! I have wasted too much CS when I try the actual splatter myself.

Martha said...

Rosemary, what a FUN & DARLING card this is! Love it!

Deepti said...

Your card designs are fabulous!! Love the colors and the grunge on this modern design :) Thank you for sharing with ATCAS !!

walchowDesign said...

Fab splattered card, Rosemary! Love your take on the sketch and colours!

Marybeth said...

Love the random splatters,Rosemary! I like the stamps too. Beautiful card worth the bit of mess. Yay for a card a day.

Nat said...

such a beautiful sentiment and I love the colours used too. Your designs always amaze me! :)

Lisa Lara said...

I love your ink splatters Rosi. Cool arrows. I like how you used them over the edge.

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

I'd call it fresh grunge! Super cool!