"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, April 11, 2014

rain or shine...

(for my Precious Remembrance hop post please scroll down or click here)

Hello, hello!!  Looks like we are going to have a bit less rain and a bit more shine here in the pacific northwest this weekend... YAY!  Quick post with a card I made for a few challenges:  CASology (wet... do admit this isn't super CAS), Sketchbook Saturday, Verve (chevron chic) and Virginia's View #2 (stenciling).

 
Tried to get out of my comfort zone, again... not sure how well it went, but I'm trying people...I'm trying, lol!!   I colored some fibre paste with some SU! Coastal Cabana ink and then using a homemade stencil (created with PTI's chevron cover plate) applied it to my white cardstock piece.  Once it was dry I mixed a little bit more Coastal Cabana ink with water and splattered it (yep... I tried splattering!) on the cardstock.  The sentiment and image are from the Verve set Rain or Shine.   The squares were die cut using Spellbinders plain square dies.  So there it is... my funny little card! 

Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock: PTI white & Smoky Shadow, SU! Coastal Cabana; Stamps:  Verve; Ink:  Stampin Up! & Memento; Golden Fibre paste; Spellbinders dies

22 comments:

OH Babs said...

Great card. I like the layout and the color choice.

Meghan said...

Love the coloured texture behind your umbrella Rosemary! Nice to see you back at CASology again!

joy said...

Funny? I hardly think so. :) The splatters look great and I like the way you used the cover plate to make your stencil.

Thank you, Rosemary, for your sweet comments on my blog; I so appreciate them!

Virginia L. said...

I love that Chevron stenciled textures, Rosemary! Beauitufl craftsmanship! Thanks so much for joining the fun over Virgina's View challenge!

Lisa Lara said...

I like the texture Rosi. And love the sentiment stamped right over your image. I rode my bike in the sunshine today. yay.

Malika said...

Lovely card

Malika

jintyoo7 said...

Nothing "funny" about it - brilliant work :)

Anita in France said...

Great colours, Rosemary ... and fabulous splatters and texture ... isn't it fun (if a little uncontrolled!) playing at splattering! Anita :)

Sarah G said...

Love the texture and splatters - great card! The soft colour is so pretty :)

Lee-Anne said...

Such a gorgeous card...love the texture and fun splatters, Rosemary!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Rosie,
I admire you for extending yourself,I can understand how hard it is to get the thought processes thinking differently, I have the same difficulties with CAS. But you know this card looks beautiful, and you need not concern yourself in thinking that it is not, one has to look at it differently, it has interest and texture and as always with you the design and composition is perfect.
Keep going because it is working.
Smiles:)
Sue

Barb Ghig said...

Awesome card, Rosemary! I love how you created your own stencil and all the texture it adds to your card! I also love your splatters and beautiful color combo! I think you're doing an amazing job stepping outside your comfort zone!

Judy1223 said...

Rosemary, you really tried it all with this card...and, no suprose to me, you did it all BAUTIFULLY! Splatter and embossing paste are not in my comfort zone, either...this card makes it look as if you have been doing it for years! Beautiful colors, I might add...LOVE! So glad to have you playing along at CASology this week!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh my! This is wonderful! Love those fiber paste chevrons!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

What a beautiful, realistic effect! It looks like if the chevrons were bleeding with the rain as well, well done!

Deepti said...

Love the effect u created on ur card, simply stunning, I love those embossed chevrons :)

wienerhoneymooners said...

Love when you visit us so much!!! you are just a darling, and wonderful card maker!!!

Love this addition to the CASology Gallery!!

Hugs
-Kimberly!

Jen W. said...

Awesome! Love the umbrella behind the sentiment and the fabulous distressed chevrons! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Anonymous said...

Love the random splatters! Thanks so much for playing with us at CASology. May

Greta said...

Wowzer! I wish my "funny little cards" looked like this! Terrific creation, Rosemary!

Martha said...

OH, this is simply fabulous, Rosemary! I love it!

Viv said...

Another great card Rosie, Happy Easter too :) Viv xx