"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, April 4, 2014

sweets for my... sweet

Hello friends!!  Spring break is coming to an end for my boys... the weather was iffy (generally is this time of year in Western Washington!), but they enjoyed their time off.  Last night I made this little card for a couple of challenges:  ColourQ and CAS(E) this Sketch.

 
For my card I used the recently released Sweet as Candy Sweet Images and Sweet Sentiments sets from Whimsy Stamps.  The wrapped candies were stamped in Calypso Coral, Primrose Petals and Coastal Cabana then trimmed out and layered on the card front.  The banner was stamped using River Rock, trimmed out and then stamped with the sentiment.  The final portion of the sentiment was stamped using River Rock.  Added some sequins and I was done.  The card base is River Rock.

Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white, SU! River Rock; Stamps:  Clearly Whimsy Stamps; Inks:  Stampin Up! and Memento; Sequins:  Lawn Fawn & Pretty Pink Posh

16 comments:

Canonbury creations said...

Brilliant take on the sketch Rosie, love the sweetie stamps!
Val x

Kristie Goulet said...

Super take on the sketch, Rosemary! Love those candies!

craftieodmae said...

this is one Sweet card!!!!

Anita in France said...

This looks yummy, Rosemary ... how perfect are those sequins! Anita :)

Darnell said...

I love the design on this, Rosemary! I have some peppermint candies like that and appreciate the great layout inspiration!! Have a great day!! Hugs, Darnell

Christine said...

The candies are brilliant Rosy! I like this card!
Hug
Christine

Deepti said...

Superb take on the sketch !! I love those sweets :)

Greta said...

Love how you used the sketch, Rosemary! Fun card!

Marybeth said...

What a cute card and stamp set! Love what you came up with for both challenges! Hope the boys had fun!

Sylvia said...

Fabulous card, Rosemary, leave the clean look and and all the white space you used with these very overpowering colors! thanks for stopping by my blog, you made me feel so good. I sometimes think I should move on to something else besides flowers, but in the end, I love the beauty of them! Thanks for joining in the fun at the colourQ, always nice to visit your blog!

Martha said...

What a SWEET card this is, Rosemary!

jintyoo7 said...

Very sweet (oops, sorry) = love your use of sequins too :)

Angela said...

I love the sweet candy for this sketch, Rosemary! So pretty!

Barb Ghig said...

I love how you combined the colors from one challenge and the sketch from another...such a fun card, Rosemary!

Beverley said...

Stunning. Love how you used the challenge colours & FAB take on the sketch too. Hugs Bev x

Sherrie M. said...

What a yummy card Rosemary! Congrats on the ColourQ mention.