"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

every moment...

Hello friends!!  After a trip to our local zoo today with my boys (they are on spring break), my sister and her girls I got a chance to make a card for this week's PTI Make It Monday challenge.  I combined it with the current Dynamic Duos challenge (Gumball Green and your choice) and came up with this:

 
After finally finding a PTI stamp set that I could use for the MIM challenge (Botantical Silhouettes) I got out my Gelatos and got to work.  I used Gelatos in two different shades of orange unfortunately after spritzing the stamp with water and then stamping you can't really tell I used two.  The stems were stamped using SU!'s Gumball Green.  I rubbed some green Gelato onto on of my acrylic blocks, spritzed it with water and then stamped it at the bottom to ground the flowers.  Some New Leaf double stitched ribbon and the sentiment finished things off.  The card base is SU!'s Smoky Slate.

Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white, SU! Smoky Slate; Stamps:  PTI; Ink:  SU! and Memento; Farber Castell Gelatos (orange, blood orange & green); PTI double stitched ribbon

14 comments:

Deepti said...

Oh this is so pretty!! Lovely colors and I love the ribbon :)

Lisa Lara said...

Absolutely beautiful Rosi. I love how you did the bottom. Wow. So did you go to Point Defiance?

Canonbury creations said...

So pretty Rosie I love the water colour effect on the flowers and that bow makes a great statement:)
Val x

K said...

Very pretty! I used the same stamp set....it just screams watercolor to me. I really like the bow and where you put the sentiment too.

joy said...

Beautiful bow, Rosemary. And, the flowers do show a bit of shading with your watercolor technique. Lovely card.

Anita in France said...

What a gorgeous, soft look, Rosemary ... such pretty blooms and a wonderful sentiment! Anita :)

Barb Ghig said...

I love stopping by your blog...it's so inspiring for me!

I can definitely see that you used 2 shades of orange on the flowers! Perfect choice, too...and I love how you created the grass! Another stunning card, Rosemary!

Greta said...

You are so talented, my friend! Reading though your blog has me completely inspired to start creating again! I adore this card!

Kay D said...

This is so soft and romantic- it actually looks like you hand painted it! Love!

Marybeth said...

Rosemary this is gorgeous! I might have to get me some of those Gelatos. Looks like a Ca poppy .

wienerhoneymooners said...

Adore this!!

Lorraine said...

Pretty! Love that stamp set for the watercoloring technique.

Jacquie Southas said...

Perfect stamp set to use - love the soft, whimsical flowers!

victoria h said...

beautiful