"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, January 4, 2018

a galaxy card...

Hey there!!  Hope your new year is going well and you are finding time to craft!  I got sometime the other day and created a card I have been wanting to make for over a month!   The idea was all built around a die I purchased from Simon Says Stamp called Tickle Breeze.  How fun is that name??? Anyway my idea was to create a galaxy background, but not in the way that most galaxy backgrounds are created (or at least not in a way that I have seen!).   All the inks used for the background are distress oxide inks.  I just love their blending ability!  I was trying to create the look of the Milky Way and so wanted my colors to be concentrated in the center of my card.  To get that look I used Q-tips to add the color to the center in a narrow band.   Some of the colors used include Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade, Fired Brick, Wilted Violet and Peacock Feathers.  Once I had the colors laid down I used my foam blending tool and added Broken China and Salty Ocean to the panel making sure to not completely cover up the narrow band of color.  I then finished up with Black Soot.  As I was doing the blending with the blue and black inks I was sure that I had created a disaster, but I love how the finished product turned out.  Once all the blending was done I die cut the Tickle Breeze die twice into the panel and then backed the piece with silver cardstock.  I then splattered on white acrylic paint mixed with water.  The stars and the word you are from the SSS Seeing Stars stamp set and were embossed in silver on vellum and then the rest of the sentiment in silver on black.  I adhered everything and then mounted the panel on a black cardstock base.  I made this for the last Simon Says Stamp Flickr challenge and wasn't going to post it on my blog, but when I saw that the new SIP challenge is to use embossing I decided to post it here.

Have a wonderful day!

Supplies: Cardstock:  PTI white, black and vellum, MFT brushed silver; Stamps:  Simon Says Stamp; Dies:  Simon Says Stamp and AJVD; Inks:  Ranger Distress Oxide inks, VersaMark watermark ink; Embossing powder:  Ranger Silver




5 comments:

Greta said...

Absolutely gorgeous ink blending, Rosemary! Truly a special card--so creative!

Betty said...

so pretty, Rosie - love the colors of your galaxy with the silver!!

Lisa Elton said...

What a cool card! The silver and blue are perfect together. Fabulous design Rosemary!

Anita in France said...

Spectacular, Rosemary! Even before I read your post, my mind was taken to the milky way ... you've captured it brilliantly ... awesome blending, gorgeous with the silver peeking through! Hugs Anita :)

LeAnne said...

This is amazing! I could never come up with a stunning milky way like you have created here! Perfect for our embossing challenge too! Thanks for playing at SIP this week!