"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, January 21, 2018

if flowers could hug...

Hey there!!  Hope you have been having a good weekend.  Our crazy January weather has returned.... rain and wind!  And with weather like that staying inside makes lots of sense, lol!!!  I have a card for the current Essentials by Ellen Pin-Sights challenge, as well as the current Freshly Made Sketches challenge.   I pulled a few of the colors from the inspiration photo to make my card. I used the EE Mondo Peony stamp set and colored two of the images using Faber-Castell Art Grip Aquarelle pencils in two shades of purple.  The leaves were colored with Derwent watercolor pencils in two shades of green.   I cut down some purple cardstock to 4 1/4 x 4 1/4 inches and then adhered a layer of vellum that was cut slightly smaller.  The leaves and the flowers were layered on top.  One of the colors in the palette looks like gold to me so I heat embossed the sentiment from the EE set Lovely in gold on black cardstock, trimmed it down and layered it on top of the flowers.  Going to add this to the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge, as well.



Hope you have a wonderful day!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI Royal Velvet, black, vellum; Canson cold pressed watercolor; Stamps:  Essentials by Ellen; Ink:  VersaFine Smoky Gray, VersaMark watermark; Watercolor Medium:  Faber-Castell and Derwent watercolor pencils; Embossing powder:  Tsukineko gold

7 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Stunning purple peony, Rosemary, and I love the gold embossed sentiment over top! Perfect atop the vellum!!

Linda Callahan said...

This is lovely! The soft colors are so pretty along with the sweet sentiment! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Lori said...

Such a beautiful card - love your peony! The gold embossed sentiment is lovely!

Greta said...

Absolutely stunning, my friend! I really don't think it's fair for one person to have so much talent--yes I am jealous! You are such an inspiration!

Jen Brum said...

Gorgeous card! I love those big flowers and the gold embossed sentiment! So pretty! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Lisa Elton said...

There is so much elegance oozing from this card! Just beautiful Rosemary!

Jo Nevill said...

Very beautiful

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

Jo x