"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Monday, January 8, 2018

floral thank you...

Hey there!!  Hope your week is off to a good start!  I got some crafting in this past weekend and have a card to share that I made during that crafty session.  This one is for the Altenew January inspiration challenge as well as the current Time Out challenge.  The inspiration card is supplied by the super talented Erum.  Her watercoloring is always so gorgeous!!  I recently purchased the Altenew Flower Arrangement stamp and die bundle so I used that for my card.   I stamped the largest flower in the set using two orange inks (SU! Pumpkin Pie and Memento Tangelo) and the medium sized flower using to yellow inks (Memento Dandelion and MFT Daffodil).  Because green isn't one of the main colors in the inspiration challenge I stamped the leaves using just one green ink, Memento New Sprout.  Because the leaves were multi-layered I was able to use only one ink, but get the variation in color that I wanted.  I did the same thing with the two smallest flowers.  Once I had everything stamped I splattered a piece of white cardstock with Picked Raspberry distress ink mixed with water.   Once that was dry I die cut it and then arranged my flowers and leaves.   I love that the die set includes this thank you sentiment as well as the word hello.  I adhered the sentiment, added some dark pink enamel dots and adhered my panel to the card base.  I will also add this to the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge of something new since my stamps and dies are new.



Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white and black; Stamps:  Altenew; Dies:  Altenew and AJVD; Inks:  Memento, Stampin Up!, Ranger, My Favorite Things; My Mind's Eye Enamel Dots

9 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Very pretty card Rosemary! I like the splatters and enamel dots. The contrast of the black sentiment looks amazing!

Anita in France said...

So pretty, Rosemary ... yummy colours and fabulous layering of those gorgeous blooms ... I love how the black sentiment pops beautifully against them! So happy to have you playing along with us at Time Out! Hugs, Anita :)

Kara Lynne said...

Beautiful arrangement, Rosemary! I love your combination of inks and that you could use one ink for some of them with so much depth!

sandie said...

Happy New Year Rosemary, you have arranged these flowers and sentiment beautifully. I love how you were so careful with the colouring you used to match the photo and as always I love to see a touch of splatter in cards! Thanks for joining Time Out

Margot said...

Beautiful card! Can’t wait for spring when I see this card!

Greta said...

Another winner, my friend! Yellows aren't even my favorite colors, but this is just gorgeous! You were meant to have that stamp set!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous floral swag, Rosemary, and I love the rich black sentiment over top!!

Tracy Freeman said...

Very beautiful card the colours are fantastic
Thanks for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x

Viv said...

So gorgeous Rosie, love how the black sentiment stands out so well and the lovely colours you used too ;) Viv xx