"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, January 11, 2018

celebrate!

Hey there!!  Have a card to share for a few challenges:  WCMC9 - use the first set you bought, Stamp Ink Paper - Cake Walk, Less is More - use purplesLess is More changed their challenge to a twice monthly challenge so I'm hoping that I will get a chance to play along more.  The WCMC9 challenge this month wants us to use the first C9 stamp set we purchased.  The first set I purchased is one that C9 no longer carries... Eat Cake & Celebrate.  I didn't realize that until I had pretty much finished my card, but just because they don't carry it any more doesn't mean I can't use it!!  I stamped the cake in VersaFine Smoky Gray on Bristol cardstock and then colored it with Farber-Castell Art Grip Aquarelle pencils in three shades of purple.  The color on the cake is rather light, but it is definitely purple in real life!  A Derwent gray was used to color the plate.  I used a barely wet paint brush to blend out the color on the cake and the plate.  I did add a touch of yellow for the candles.  The cake was then cut with the matching die.  I stamped the little star cluster and single star on white cardstock, die cut it and matted it with purple cardstock.  Stamped the sentiment in VersaFine Onyx Black and then adhered the card and added it to card base.   Super simple and a little bit retro.



Hope you have a wonderful day!!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  MFT white and purple; Stamps:  Concord & 9th; Dies:  Concord & 9th, AJVD; Inks:  VersaFine Onyx Black, Smoky Gray, SU! Wisteria Wonder, CTMH Purple Pansy; Coloring medium:  Faber-Castell Art Grip Aquarelle color pencils

6 comments:

Anita in France said...

Scrumptious and deliciously whimsical, Rosemary ... just one slice for me please! Hugs, Anita :)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such a happy card with the cake and stars, Rosemary! Just love all the purples!!

Greta said...

Festive, fun & beautiful! Great BD card, Rosemary!

Lisa Elton said...

I like your tall layer cake and all of the stars sprinkled about!! This is cute Rosemary!

Susan said...

Terrific card. Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

Nonni said...

That's a very cute birthday cake and I love the additional stamping around it! Fun, sweet design! Thanks for joining us at Less Is More!