"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, January 28, 2018

Christmas Greetings...

Hello!!  Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!!  This morning I put together this card for the current Merry Monday Christmas challenge that is closing is just a few hours!  I'm also adding this to the current MFT sketch challenge and the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge of layering.  When I saw the MFT sketch this idea started rolling around to create a snowflake wreath.  So when I got up early I decided to give it a try.  After die cutting all the snowflakes using the MFT Snowflake Splendor stand alone dies I spent sometime determining which ones would work for the wreath and then how to lay them out.  I decided that layering the die cuts was the best way to go.  The base of the wreath was die cut from MFT silver glitter cardstock using to AJVD Polka Dot circle dies and then adhered to light gray cardstock die cut with an AJVD Stitched Dot rectangle die.  Then I got to work adding all the snowflakes using Multi Medium Matte.   The sentiment from the MFT Snow Globe Sentiments was stamped in gray and then die cut with an MFT Slanted Sentiment Label die.   I adhered the sentiment and then finished with Pretty Pink Posh sparkling clear sequins.    I hope my "snow" works for the gals at MM!

Thanks for stopping by today... have a good one!!

Supplies:  Cardstock: MFT white, silver glitter, SSS fog, SU! Pool Party; Stamps:  MFT; Dies:  MFT and AJVD; Ink:  VersaFine Smoky Gray; Sequins:  Pretty Pink Posh

14 comments:

Betty said...

well, if i were a judge at MM this would be my choice!!! gorgeous card, Rosie!!

Anita in France said...

Wow, Rosemary ... this is spectacular! Love all those delicate snowflakes so beautifully arranged into the most perfect wreath ... gorgeous, gorgeous! Hugs, Anita :)

JD/ Jill said...

This is so beautifully done! Hope you don't mind...(If I have your permission) I would like to try and case this idea...

HJ said...

This is a lovely Christmas card, Rosemary. I love the pretty snowflakes with the simple font sentiment across it. So pretty! TFS. Enjoy your day!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just adore your layered snowflake wreath, Rosemary! Delighted to see it in the pool at Merry Monday!!

Marcia Hill said...

Your snowflake wreath totally works for me Rosemary...absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! Your whole card is CAS perfection and I love it!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Merry Monday!! :0)

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my gosh what a pretty little frosty wreath!! Beautifully done Rosemary!!

Hannelie said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Cindy C. said...

Gorgeous wreath, love the dimension! Congrats on your win at MMC.

Betty said...

congrats on your win at MM - i told you so!!!!

Lori said...

I love the snowflake wreath you created! It is fabulous. Love the white and teal - gorgeous!

Greta said...

Absolutely stunning card, Rosemary! Congratulations on the well-deserved win!

Lin said...

Beautiful work, as always, Rosemary! Love the soft blue and white against the pale grey! Thank you for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just loved this one - congrats on the win at MM!!