"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Monday, January 15, 2018

time to bloom...

Hey there!!  Popping in with a card for two challenges:  Essentials by Ellen Mix it Up and Color Throwdown.  I had hoped to get this card done and posted on Sunday (yesterday), but my antique toy loving 11 year old wanted to make a trip to his favorite antique store in the beautiful little town of Snohomish, Washington.  So being a good mom we made the trip.  It was totally worth it because we got to see the beautiful North Cascade mountains in all their glory!  Mt Baker (the furthest north of the mountains in the Washington portion of the Cascades) was absolutely covered in snow!! Unfortunately by the time we got home light was fading fast and while I did get the card done I wasn't able to get a good photo of it.  Color Throwdown closes in mere hours so I'm cutting things a bit close, but oh well... that is the way it goes.  The EE Mix it Up challenge this month wants us to combine our EE products with Concord & 9th... sign me up!!  I used the C9 Beautiful Branches stamps and dies along with the EE Lovely stamp set.  I know you can't set any stamping except for the sentiment, but I did stamp on the little blooms... it is very subtle and looks really pretty in person.  The label is from the C9 Fill In Blooms stamp and die set.  I die cut it from white, aqua and navy cardstocks, the aqua and navy were cut in two and then one of each adhered as you see.  I then adhered the branches, leaves and flowers.  The sentiment was stamped in navy ink and then the label adhered.  Finished off with some little Pretty Pink Posh marshmallow sequins in the centers of the flowers and some white twine.



Have a wonderful day!  Would love to hear your thoughts on my card!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI rustic white; SU! Powder Pink, Coastal Cabana, MFT navy; Stamps:  Concord & 9th, Essentials by Ellen; Dies:  Concord & 9th; Inks:  SU! Pretty in Pink, Night of Navy; Twine:  SU! white baker's twine; Sequins:  Pretty Pink Posh

7 comments:

Lori said...

Your card is beautiful! What a gorgeous color palette. Love how you set it all off with the white die cut!

Anita in France said...

So soft and pretty, Rosemary ... this is gorgeous! Sounds as though you had a fabulous day! Hugs, Anita :)

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, that sounds like a wonderful day! And what a pretty card that was worth the wait. It reminds me of cherry blossoms!

Greta said...

Gorgeous, modern card, Rosemary! Was just checking the closing date for EH as my card is done, but it was dark this afternoon. Hoping for a bit better light in the morning, so I'll be really last minute! I see multiple entries from some people, but may as well put my one in the mix. I can imagine how gorgeous Mt Baker looked--never tire of the snow covered Cascades!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

So fun hearing about your trip & the beautiful mountains, Rosemary! Just some your card with all the sweet flowers too!!

sentsue said...

Gorgeous card. You did a fabulous job layering all of those die cuts. I also appreciate the time you took to tell us the process. Great job on the challenges.

Viv said...

Such a pretty and delicate looking card Rosie, I love it ;) hugs Viv xx