"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, January 13, 2018

cards for sketches...

Hey there!!  I have a couple of cards to share with you today.  First up is a card for the current Verve Viva la Verve sketch challenge, as well as the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge to use patterned paper.   Over Christmas I was finally able to pick up some new Verve to add to my collection.  The stamp and die set I purchased is one I have wanted for a long time... Potter's Clay.  There are so many beautiful sentiments and verses in this set it was hard to chose which one to use, but in the end it was determined by how it would fit into the sketch.   The papers I used are from the gorgeous Zella Teal line by Prima.  There is a pattern in the pad that was perfect for die cutting the jars from.  I layered the jars on a circle die cut from another paper from the pad.  After layering the pieces as you see I wrapped the panel with jute twine and tied it in a bow.  The panel was adhered and then I added the circle with the jars on it.


The second card is for the current Reverse Confetti Sketch for You to Try.  This stamp and die set was also purchased over the Christmas holidays.  This isn't a set I would normally buy, but I need to step outside my comfort zone every once in a while and the set is pretty darn cute, too!  I stamped all the images on Canson watercolor paper and then colored them with Derwent and Faber-Castell watercolor pencils and clean water.   One of my goals this year is to get better at coloring with a few different coloring mediums.  I was pretty darn pleased with how my coloring turned out and I'm looking forward to coloring more images with my pencils!!  After all the coloring was done and the pieces die cut I had to find some colors that would work well with the colors in my snow cones.  I used some patterned paper from the Reverse Confetti Very Merry paper pad (which I guess they don't have any more) along with some Reverse Confetti Mist cardstock.  After adhering the patterned paper strip I positioned the sentiment using my mini MISTI and stamped it in black ink.   The banner was die cut with the banner from the Tag Me die set then cut into two pieces so it would work with the sketch and adhered to the panel.  I put my sno cones together and then adhered them to the circle that was die cut from the Mist cardstock.   The circle was adhered and then I added some white enamel dots to finish things off.


Have a wonderful day!

Supplies:  Card #1:  Cardstock:  PTI Rustic White; Patterned paper:  Prima Zella Teal; Stamps:  Verve; Dies:  Verve and AJVD; Inks:  VerseFine Smoky Gray, VersaMagic Oasis Green; Recollections Jute twine

Card #2:  Cardstock:  PTI white, RC Mist; Patterned paper:  Reverse Confetti; Stamps:  Reverse Confetti; Dies:  Reverse Confetti and AJVD; Ink:  VersaFine Smoky Gray, Vintage Sepia, Onyx Black; enamel dots; Watercolor medium:  Derwent watercolor pencils, Faber-Castell watercolor pencils 

10 comments:

Greta said...

Always love seeing how you turn sketches into wonderful cards, Rosemary! These are both great, but with totally different feels to them! Really love that first card with your new paper pad that won't be lasting long as you're on a roll with it!

Lisa Elton said...

I like the soft neutral look of your first card with the pops of light teal! The second is super cute, what a fun set. Your coloring on the ice-cream cones is fantastic!

Anita in France said...

What a delicious soft colour palette on your first card, Rosemary ... the elements are beautifully layered ... and the verse is just lovely! Those wrapped up ice creams are so much fun ... your colouring is colouring on them is fabulous! Hugs, Anita :)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two great takes on the sketches, Rosemary! Those vases looks so great on card one and I love the sno-cones with the scarves!!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Two fabulous cards, Rosemary! Love that jute twine bow. So glad you could join us for Viva la Verve!

Maria said...

Wonderful cards, Rosemary! Beautiful verse on the first card...so soft and pretty! Second card is full of fun with the cones and awesome sentiment!

Gayatri said...

Both cards are fab. Love the muted pattern paper on the first card. Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Pattern Paper challenge. Gayatri xx

Greta said...

Congrats on being spotted by Verve, Rosemary!

Amie Kiger (Kigz) said...

I ADORE your Verve Potter's Clay card!!! Such a wonderfully soft palate. Gorgeous tied twine! :)

Jeanne J. said...

Two wonderful cards! I love the twine on the first, and the coloring on the second! Great way to show off your style!