"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, January 25, 2018

January PTI Blog Hop...

Hey there!!!  Stopping in with a card for this month's PTI blog hop.  I have one really old birthday related stamp set from PTI and nothing with balloons or cakes so I decided to just focus on some of the colors and the flowers in the inspiration photo for my card.  The layout is from Freshly Made Sketches so I will be posting it there, as well as the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge of layering.  I wasn't even sure that I would get something done for the hop as I forgot about it until yesterday afternoon.  So, this morning I quickly (as you can see from my less than perfect stamping, lol) put something together.  I used PTI's Bigger Blooms stamps and dies along with an embossing folder that I have not used in ages.   Die cut all the flowers and leaves and then stamped them using two shades of pink ink (dark and light) and a light green for the leaves.  Stamped the sentiment and die cut it with a MFT banner die and then matted it with a second banner die cut from pink cardstock.  Layered everything up on my card base and I was done!  YAY!! Another birthday card for my stash!!



Have a wonderful day and happy hopping!!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI rustic white, SSS fog, SU! pink; Stamps:   PTI, Dies:  PTI and MFT; Inks:  Stampin Up!; Embossing folder:  Sizzix

19 comments:

Natasha said...

What a pretty card! I love the background embossing you did on here!

Marcia Hill said...

It may have been done quickly, but it is BEAUTIFUL Rosemary...love it!! :0)

Greta said...

Love your card, Rosemary--beautiful use of the sketch & the inspiration! I have that embossing folder, too, but never seem to use it. You've inspired me, as always!

Cindy Beach said...

Hi Rosemary,
I ended up using flowers too. The new PTI ballon set will make it to my mailbox any day. Your colors and layout are so so pretty. Love it!

Karen said...

Sometimes those quickly made cards are just the best---and this is surely one of those times! I love everything about it. That embossing folder background is stunning!

Lyn said...

Beuatiful card I am so smitten with the background embossing <3

HJ said...

Love this sweet birthday card, Rosemary. Had you not mentioned your next to perfect stamping I would never have noticed. It looks as though you meant for it to be that way. The recipient will love it I'm sure. Enjoy your day!

Betty Wright said...

This is so beautiful, Rosemary! Lovely design!

Nancy Penir said...

Very pretty, Rosemary. Adore that embossing folder. It's just the perfect background!

carol (krillsister) said...

Pretty card. Very delicate and feminine.

Nancy said...

So pretty, Rosemary!

Julia Aston said...

So softly pretty! love that embossed background with your lovely flowers!

Jen Brum said...

What a beautiful card! Love that embossed background and those flowers are so pretty! Love the colours! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jacquie Southas said...

Great layers, Rosemary!

Anonymous said...

I just love the scored plaid background! So fresh and fun with your pink bouquet and the font of that sentiment!

Lisa Elton said...

This is just lovely Rosemary! I like those little blooms and your embossed background!

Kim S said...

Such soft and lovely flowers! I love the background! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Jen Mitchell said...

This is so lovely. I love the textured background and the pretty cluster of flowers. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Greta said...

Hurrah for the HM at CTS--such a beauty, my friend!