"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, April 19, 2020

flowers...

Hello!  Got a couple of cards done that feature flowers.  The first card I'm sharing is for April Altenew inspiration challenge and Freshly Made Sketches.   As I was thinking about what kind of stamp set I wanted to use for the Altenew inspiration challenge I remembered the lovely Dotted Blooms stamp set and so I decided to pull that one out.  When I pulled it out I discovered that I had already colored up the image using some distress inks on watercolor paper.  And I also discovered that I had colored the image using two of the colors from the inspiration color palette!  Mind you, I had colored this a couple of months ago!  Anyway, at the time I was trying to do some no line coloring and hadn't been happy with the results.  But when I pulled out the piece I decided that it wasn't too bad.  I did add a little bit more color to the image before die cutting it.  I die cut some white cardstock and then stamped the image on the panel with Altenew Silver Stone ink.  I then adhered the colored image over top slightly off set.   A strip of white cardstock was die cut with an AJVD Sentiment Strip 2.0 die and stamped with a sentiment from the set using the same Silver Stone ink.  I adhered the panel to the light gray card base with foam tape and then adhered the sentiment.



Since I was on a roll with Altenew stamp set I decided to pull out the Vintage Roses stamp and die set to create a clean and simple card for CAS(E) this Sketch and Color Throwdown.   This was my first time using the Vintage Roses stamp set.  I do not know how long I have had this set, but it has been awhile!  I started out stamping the flowers and leaves in my mini MISTI, but soon discovered that stamping the leaves with the MISTI was not working out so well.  So I switched to my good old acrylic blocks and that got the job done! The flowers were stamped in Altenew Rouge, Crimson and Velvet inks and the leaves in Limestone, Silver Stone and Industrial Diamond inks.   After diecutting all the flowers and leaves I determined how I would arrange the leaves so that everything would fit per the CTS layout and then adhered them behind the flower, trimming off a little bit of the stems for the small leaf cluster.  A white piece of cardstock was die cut with an AJVD rectangle die and then I laid out the flower clusters so I could determine where to stamp the sentiment.  Placed the panel in my MISTI and stamped the sentiment (from the Dotted Blooms) in VersaFine CLAIR Nocturne to bring in the black component of the CTD color combo.  Super clean and simple!



Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day!

10 comments:

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Beautiful cards, Rosemary! It is always a pleasure to visit your blog. Your florals are stunning and look great on that gray card base- I do love a gray card. So glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Greta said...

Love these, Rosemary! The coloring is beautiful on the first one--no idea what you didn't like! The sentiment treatment is neat, too--a wonderful card! The vintage roses are really sweet & perfect for the CAS card!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Isn't it funny how we are not pleased with our work, leave it a few weeks and lo and behold, it's not that bad LOL. I Love your Dotted Blooms card, it works so well with the sketch. Beautiful colours on the vintage roses card. Always a pleasure to visit Rosemary.
Keep safe and well
Faith x

Vickie Z said...

Both cards are lovely! So happy you joined us at CTD!

Wanda Cullen said...

Love both of your designs! This was a great take on the throwdown colors and I always love seeing your cards in the gallery!

Cécile RIBON said...

Wow! Those two cards are absolutely delightful, Rosemary. I'm in love with that fabulous bloom on the first one, and what an amazing coloring job. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Songbirdcards.blogspot.com said...

Gorgeous!

Lisa Elton said...

I like the pretty shades of orange-y corals and gray you've used! These are two beautiful CAS cards Rosemary!

TK said...

Stunning as always! I love when you don't like something, walk away, and re-visit and it's perfect -- because it is! Both cards are absolutely gorgeous

Anita in France said...

These are both so lovely, Rosemary ... and so deliciously CAS ... I'm especially drawn to that first one ... what a stunner! Hugs, Anita :)