"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, April 4, 2020

Simon Says Stamp Blog Party!

Hello and welcome to the Simon Says Stamp United We Craft blog party!  I hope that you are enjoying the huge list of crafters that Simon Says Stamp has put together to inspire you to get creative during this difficult time!  Just like you I have lots of wonderful Simon Says Stamp products in my stash and today I decided to use the absolutely lovely Beautiful Day stamp set that was released several years ago in one of Simon's monthly card kits.  I just love flowers and butterflies and since this set includes butterflies I just had to get the kit.  Today's card is pretty simple.  I stamped one of the leaf images on white cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then colored simply with Copic markers in shades of green.  I was going to color the butterfly in blues or purples, but the decided to go with a color that I don't often use:  orange.  I wanted something bright since I will be sending this out to cheer up someone I care about and what is brighter than orange?   I stamped the butterfly in Tuxedo Black on white cardstock and then colored it.  I die cut it with the matching dies and then added Nuvo Crystal Drops in Morning Dew to the butterfly and let it dry.  The sentiment was arranged on the panel, stamped with VersaFine CLAIR Nocturne, then I trimmed down the panel and adhered it to a Fog cardstock base.  I finished off the card by adding the butterfly and sequins in orange and yellow.



Thanks for stopping by, stay safe, get creative and have a wonderful day!

8 comments:

Greta said...

I've always loved your coloring, Rosemary--glad to see you using Copics again! Maybe I'll even try a little bit more. Totally love this card & orange isn't even a color I say I like! Perfectly designed! Sending hugs & looking forward to one day being able to meet up again.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

GORGEOUS, so nice to see orange on a card, but I don't often use it either LOL. Love your card Rosemary.
Keep safe and well
Faith x

B Butler said...

This card will brighten your friend's day! Thank you for sharing!

Jennifer C. said...

Many thanks to you and Simon Says Stamp for inspiring me as we stay in and flatten the curve. 🏡💙

Susan Powell said...

Today is a new day! I love that sentiment and your card.

TK said...

Beautiful! love your fabulous colors and coloring!

Lisa Elton said...

Bright, happy and super cute!

Anita in France said...

Such delicious vibrant colour against all that crisp white, Rosemary ... this is gorgeous! Stay safe ... hugs, Anita :)