"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, April 16, 2020

Spellbinders Kaleidoscope Dies and a Sale!

Hello!  Hope you are getting lots of creating done as we stay inside to stay safe!  I have a couple of cards to share today that feature dies from Spellbinders.  I am a Spellbinders affiliate and they have been kind enough to send me product to work with and some of my favorite Spellbinders dies are their kaleidoscope dies.  They have a wide variety of these dies and I happen to have all of them (I think!).  My first card was made using the newly released Kaleidoscope Tile dies, as well as the Kaleidoscope Triangle dies.  Both these dies sets are perfect for making more masculine cards.  For my card I die cut the tiles and triangles from black, dark gray and medium gray cardstocks and then adhered them together.  I trimmed down a piece of white cardstock to fit a card front and then adhered the triangles to the panel as you see.  The tile was placed on it's point between the two triangles and adhered using foam dimensionals.  I foiled the sentiment with silver foil using my Glimmer machine, die cut it with the banner die and adhered it to the tile.  The finished panel was adhered to a medium gray cardstock base.

The second card uses the new Kaleidoscope Strip die set.  This die set is very unique in that there are two dies that can be used to die cut one of the layers or they can be used separately to die cut a piece of cardstock to create a place to layer your die cuts.  For my card I opted to use the dies to create the three layers of the kaleidoscope border.  I die cut the middle layer from a pretty bright pink foil cardstock and then top and bottom layers from white cardstock.  I cut an additional piece of the foil cardstock to adhere to my card base.  The border was then adhered to that.  I added a sentiment from the Spellbinders Stay Wild stamp set and then added white jewels to the top of the border strip.   I'm going to add this to the current Card Concept challenge for my clean and layered card that focuses on the bright pink color in and the detailing in the tray in the inspiration photo.


If you stuck with me this far I wanted to let you know that Spellbinders is having a big Spring Cleaning Sale.   There all kinds of deals with items starting at $1!  Please click on the banner below to head to the sale!

Thank you if you decide to shop the sale through my link!  I really appreciate it!  And thank you for stopping by today!


7 comments:

Greta said...

All I can say is WOW! Spellbinders is lucky to have you showcasing some of their products so beautifully!

Lisa Elton said...

Two striking cards Rosemary, just fantastic!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

YEP! A definite WOW for these cards Rosemary, gorgeous colour combos on each, making them have the real WOW factor. I agree with Greta and her comment about Spellbinders being lucky to have you.
Keep safe and well
Faith x

TK said...

Beautiful cards, it's easy to see why you're enamored by the dies! The first is definitely a masculine feel but you made that second with feminine flair :o)

LeAnne said...

What gorgeous dies! I love your simple take on our challenge this week with this pretty card! Thanks for playing with our challenge at The Card Concept this week!

StampinwithAnita said...

Striking cards, Rosemary! Very creative ways to use the Spellbinders tiles. Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!

Anita in France said...

So striking and stylish, Rosemary ... both of them! The complexity of the dies contrasts beautifully with the simplicity of your fabulous designs! Hugs, Anita :)