"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, April 2, 2023

a mother's day card...

Hello!  Popping in with a card for Freshly Made Sketches and Color Throwdown.  I love the folk art style florals in the Simon Says Stamp Happy Hello stamp set from their March 2023 card kit.  I finally got the matching dies and just had to use them to make a card. 


I had the light gray oval from another project and since the central element of the FMS layout is an oval it was perfect for my card.  I stamped all the stems using a sage green ink from Hero Arts, don't know the name, and the flowers using Lemon Whip from Pinkfresh Studio.  I glued all the stems flat on the oval and then popped up the flowers with different levels of foam squares.  For a little sparkle I added clear sequins to the centers of two flowers and some Nuvo drops.  Three additional clear sequins were added around the sentiment strip to tie things together.  The sentiment is from a now retired Simon Says Stamp mother's day stamp set and was heat embossed in white on vellum.  The strip was adhered using rolled up glue dots.  Going to add this to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge of anything goes.



Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!


7 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What sweet flowers! This is a cute card, Rosemary!

Jen Timko said...

Love the pop of the yellow flowers against the gray. What a wonderful Mother's Day card. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

TK said...

Beautiful CAS card, and a great way to use up the leftovers from your desk!

Tammy said...

Great card! I love those flowers!!

Amy O said...

I love these fun flowers and the cheery pops of yellow! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Great use of the colors, Rosemary, and I love your trio of folk flowers!!

Greta said...

Such a pretty card & great way to use both the sketch & colors!