"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, April 6, 2023

Simon Says Stamp Beautiful Days Release

 Hello!  The new Simon Says Stamp Beautiful Days release is live on the website and I'm popping in to share three cards that I made with the new stamp set Garden Fresh.   This new stamp set is so pretty!  It is full of beautiful images and lovely sentiments!  Let's have a look at what I made.


This first card is probably my favorite.  I love going with simple color palettes and for this one I used teal, white and a little touch of gray.  I stamped the image with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then did simple coloring with Copic markers.  I die cut the image and then matted it with some light teal cardstock.  I used the beautiful SSS Blossom Field embossing folderr for the background .   Isn't that sentiment beautiful?  As you can see I embossed it in white on vellum, tore the top of the strip and then wrapped it around the image.  I love the clean, simple and fresh look of this card.  I'm adding this to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge to make a birthday card.


For my next card I decided to do a little simple watercoloring.  Take a look.


I just love the water can image in the stamp set and decided to just focus on that image.  I stamped it with VersaFine CLAIR Nocturne and then watercolored it with Jane Davenport watercolors.   Once the piece was dry I die cut it and stamped the sentiment in the lower corner.  I finished off the card with some twine wrapped around the bottom and tied in a bow.   

I wasn't planning on making a third card, but I just had to use another of the pretty images from the set.  


Spring has sprung and the color yellow just says spring to me because of all the lovely daffodils that spring up in March.  With this card I also did some simple coloring and then trimmed out my image.  There are matching dies, but I do not have them... yet!   Trimming the image out was very easy, though.  I used a very old Simon Says Stamp Mother's day stamp set that is no longer available.  But the dies that I used to die cut the word and shadow is still available.   I die cut some sunny yellow gingham patterned paper, determined the arrangement of my elements and then stamped the sentiment from the Garden Fresh stamp set.  I then adhered other elements and my card was done. 

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to check out the new release!


6 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Each one is as delightful as the next! I like the vellum sentiment panel on the first one!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a trio of gorgeous cards, Rosemary! I too favor card one but they're all so great!!

TK said...

Very pretty, each and every one! I think all the layers and beautiful colors on the first are my favorite too

Cat said...

Love your cards!

Jo Nevill said...

Many congratulations ! You have won our challenge over at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. Please email us at the address in the sidebar of our blog so that we can explain how you claim your voucher. Please be sure to include your full name. Happy shopping ! Jo x

Greta said...

Love your cards! The first one is my favorite & I do love the watering can with flowers!